Monday, March 1, 2010

Olympics

Monday night for FOE (friends out night) I saw Invictus. It was a good movie. I like those feel good sports movies! They make me want to go out and do something, to work hard, be better etc. Unfortunately that feeling doesn't usually last too long....

I've seen Blindside a couple of times with Cathy and recommend it for everyone. Forever Strong is good too (its about Rugby too). Did you guys enjoy watching the Olympics? I really like it. I went over to Cathy's a couple of times and I do have to say they are even more enjoyable t-voed! It seemed that they didn't do as many 'behind the scenes' stories but that left more time for actual events. What are your favorite winter olympic events? I like the ice skating, short track, snowboard cross, half pipe, etc. basically all of them.

Paralympics will be starting in a week or so. Not too many events in the winter, but still really cool. They have blind skiers with guides do all those alpine and cross country events. That just blows my mind! I really wish there was more emphasis on the paralympics. If you want back stories of people overcoming adversity, you really don't have to dig that deep for these athletes. But they probably won't even mention that they are going on, on the one network that has rights to broadcast. grrrrrr. I did catch some of the Beijing Paralympics on the second nbc channel (5.2 here) so I'm hoping they at least do that.

So here is to getting out and doing things. Here is to finding the olympic spirit inside each of us. May it last longer!

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I'm glad u told me about the paralympics being shown on the TV later.. I've been watching for them.
Perhaps I could interest u in running a 5k with me? U just need a goal!

Gage said...

I got a workout just watching some of the events. Just ask Amy. I really enjoyed the olympics and hope now that I can get back to getting things accomplished now that they are over.

Sarah Jarvis said...

What Olympics???? I maybe watched 10 minutes total. Pathetic, I know. I love the nordic skiing th best. I love most of it (besides curling) but I cannot sit through that many commercials.
And hey, you can always do a triathlon with me (or Melanie)!

Chelsea said...

I have mixed feelings about the broadcast of the Olympics. I really wanted to watch ice skating. But instead, I'd watch 1 ice skater and then 30 minutes of, say, aerial jumping liberally sprinkled with commercials.
On the one hand, I was really upset that I never got to watch much ice skating-- I don't stay up late these days. But on the other hand, I never would have watched these other events that were so captivating (minus the commercials).
So I'm torn.