Friday, March 5, 2010

Car post

I drove home to NM for Christmas this past year. Part of the reason was I was looking at switching up my vehicle situation. The ride there reinforced my decision! The typical 9 hr drive took over 17 hours. The roads were bad and my car did not really like staying on the road, going when it was time to go, or stopping when it was time to stop. My little car is made of plastic and tin foil and wanted to be a sled. It was scary.



Visibility wasn't great at times.







I did a 360* at one point. A truck (wasn't the one in this picture) did that in front of me at another point.

















Jared caravaned with me and I felt bad about that because they could've gone faster and made it there sooner.

The ride back was beautiful! I love having cruise control (will reduce my tickets hopefully!)








(I wish the colors would turn out truer from my phone, this is coming down the hill from Los Alamos)








NM near abiqui Where the roads had finally cleared up on the way there.






Still in NM, the ampatheter place.

Love the Northern New Mexico Blue, Blue Sky.








Sunset in Utah GreenRiver/Price area (I think)










Back in Utah (next day) with shiny mountains and blue sky.









The drive to and from Vegas this last month went pretty smooth too. Again, cruise control is great! Bethanie talked to me and made the journey go by so quick. Thanks Bethanie!


I love my new car! Its safe, roomie, etc. Its probably too big for me but I will be able to transport a lot of hay and dirt for my garden. YAY




ps- remember how last week i worked in my garden. Ummm doesn't look like it will happen tomorrow.





6 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

I love our new car too! Yay for Subarus. I think they are the best.
Nope, no garden work tomorrow. You should come sledding with us though. IF we are going, that is. Max is NOT liking the snow. Of course, you could play with Max while we are going sledding. Haha, just kidding. Let me know if you want to play though.

Jamie Pearson said...

yeah for your new car. I really like it and maybe one day we will get one like it but as for now the Honda works it gets great gas milage. SOrry you don't get to work in the garden but yeah for playing in the snow. Remember when we went with Melanie and Brittany and made melanie sled. Oh that was fun. Wish I was with ya

Smart Helm said...

I'm glad u have a new car and can be more safe... although I am jealous. I like the look of urs better than mine!
I need to come help in ur garden sometime. I think it would be fun

txparkinsons said...

cute car. snow is cold. and wet. no snow in texas.

Bethanie said...

You have done a great job keeping up with you posting. Aren't you awesome. I'm glad that you got a new car and that you could drive me and my kiddo's around during Christmas. Thank you!
And I love talking on the phone to my family!

Montana at the Helm said...

Those are some great pictures!

We were very happy to caravan with you. I am very happy to hear that you are now in a safe and comfy car. And I agree, cruise control is awesome!