Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blueberries

This week I learned that I like blueberries. I know its crazy that I just figured this out because I like blueberry flavored things, such as Aaron's famous chocolate and blueberry shake, blueberry muffins (with those wild blueberries), etc. But I did not like the whole goooshy berries in pancakes, or home made muffins, etc. The difference is the goooshy texture that comes from frozen berries. If they are blendered up thats fine, but just like frozen strawberries, icky, they are goooshy. I always avoided the whole berries on fruit trays, or in salads, but I had some and was pleasantly surprised. As long as they are fresh, blended, or still frozen I think they are very tasty!

If you have to have frozen berries, I usually prefer raspberries or blackberries as their texture doesn't get so icky. Speaking of those berries, I sure hope I get some this year off of my bushes. They are still just one or two canes for each bush so I probably will only get a handfull :(

Right now I'm listening to Erasure's "respect." Like the song, but wouldn't recommend any videos :) been on an 80's kick lately and its fun. Gotta love Youtube.


I forgot to put this video with the last post. Its singing after the nativity play, so maybe its not a good idea to post.

3 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

mmm i love fresh berries. I hope you get some off your bushes this year.

Sarah Jarvis said...

I love berries too! Max is also in love with them. BUt like you said, fresh ones are so much better. The frozen ones are soooooo messy once defrosted, I can't wait for berry season!

Smart Helm said...

I hope u get some off ur bushes. Can you take blue berry bushes with you? I'm reminded of "The Sound of Music" where the kids say they were out picking blueberries and when their dad says blueberries are not in season, the oldest boy Fritz (?) says "They were strawberries but its been so cold they turned cold".
Random MT for you.