Monday, March 15, 2010

boo to daylight savings time

Ugghhh I do not like this move to daylight savings. Icky. Blah. I am super tired. Cathy said its all in my head, and it probably is but I have a headache and I'm onry so I'll blaim it all on the time change. GRRRR to whoever's bright idea that was.

To celebrate Cathy's big win we had dinner together. Went to P712 which I really enjoy. Cathy seemed to like it to which is good. We had a pizza with nampa cabbage on it and it was really good. I love the thin wood fired crust. yum!

Then for our FON (friends out night) activity we went to costco. We browsed around and saw the fun summer stuff thats out and then said goodbye. It was a pretty easy going FON but Cathy hasn't slept in like 5 days and if you refer back to the first paragraph I may not be the most exciting outing today:)

I did not get the tomatoes started (see first paragraph again). maybe tomorrow? If not soon then the $60 spent on seeds will not really do me any good.

OK so I've been listening to some great 80's songs recently. Not sure where its from, but maybe from watching one to many of those "time life videos presents the best hits of the 80's" commercials? I generally listen to the songs from youtube and a lot of the music videos are, ummm Strange to put it mildly. One of the craziest is total eclipse of the heart. Janet from work sent me a link to a youtube vidoe called total eclipse of the heart literally. It. Is. Awesome. They change the words to match the video and it made me laugh out loud.

Its good to laugh at work. Today they made it so I can't access blogger at work. I don't spend a lot of time on it, but when I'm supervising a visit or something like that, its nice to be able to see if anyone loves me enough to leave comments. Also I have been refering some foster/adoptive families to good blogs on foster/adoption issues. Oh well. They might end up changing it back. Apparently the blocked and then unblocked facebook a number of times (I don't do facebook so I wouldn't know).

Sorry no pictures on this post, but I'm done because I'm watching the PAROLYMPICS! I get so mad that NBC, or the other broadcasters for that matter, don't even mention these going on. Have I mentioned that before? Anyways it is on tonight on the 2nd NBC channel (5.2 in this area) and its amazing! Like right now is sloalem skiing for the blind, I can't even do that sighted! and next up is US vs Korea in sledge hockey.

5 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Dito! I don't like Daylight Savings that much either. Harder to get the kids to bed on time. But it means that spring and summer are nigh. But then again, we knew that anyway, right? Hope tomorrow is going to be a better day for you!

Bethanie said...

I hate, hate Daylight Savings time. We missed the change again on Sunday so we...um, hate to admit...but missed SM because of Daylight Savings. Don't we all love the moments when we look dumb.

ps. I love that picture of you! You are soo soo soooo sooooooo cute.

pps. you have to say it with all the o's. You are such a good reader that I know you just skip over then. HA! Aren't I funny? (um, again don't answer that.)

Smart Helm said...

Its a good thing we had an EQ party Fri. night cuz I woulda missed it totally. I hope all goes well with the garden endevors!

I know it is sad days when they start blocking things at work. No Utube for me! What? They want us to WORK at work?

Neita and Nate said...

I'm not a very good commenter. But I like it when everyone comments on mine. I'm also excited for spring/gardening and getting out in the sun! I started running outside last week, but now it is still dark and then Nate leaves and no one to watch the kids, so my exercise has come to a hault again. So ya, "boo to daylight savings"

helmhq said...

Pick a time--any time, but leave it a alone once you pick it!!

I hate that it makes us all touchy and always has. I don't sleep as well til I get used to it too.

WV mealls --it fouls up my meals too!