Sunday, March 14, 2010

distraction and basketball

Today I was going to get my tomatoes seeds planted under the grow light. Instead I got distracted with.... you guessed it:









Dinner (stackups, yum!) was late as usual too because of this distraction.
I just went outside to pull a few for dinner, but it has been warm and I noticed that the ones I was pulling up were starting to grow again, so I pulled them all out. Mama came out to help too.


Here Mama is thinking of what to do with crazy carrots.









Two buckets full.
Lots of the little baby ones, but I don't think I'll plant that kind again.
I would love to find some purple seed, so everyone check out your local stores and tell me if you find any. I found those at Brolim's in Rexburg last year.
I forgot that I had planted a few "white" ones too. I love the color differences!
I don't remember planting this kind..... and yes its one carrot (and was pretty tasty I might add)
Hmmmm a baby monster carrot and a giant one.


So hopefully I can get the tomatoes started tomorrow. I got dirt so I'm all ready to go. I bought cow poop Saturday and I'm happy to say that my new car is very good at hauling poop. My old car would not be very happy coming up the hill from Walmart all loaded down.

It rained and then snowed on Saturday so I only got a couple more things chopped down, pruned the grapes, and filled in the hole in the front side yard where there used to be an irrigation stuff. And got mulch and poop around two raspberries.


I don't know if i'll ever catch up on the garden because there is still so much to do before spring: plant the peas and letuce, spinach, potatoes, and any other early crops that I decide to plan (maybe brocoli and cabbages again?), before that figure out the soaker hose situation, which means getting all the beds ready in effect (compost, mulch, poop, etc), mulch all the berries, grapes, other fruit bushes, etc, figure out if I need to prune the gooseberry and currents, cut down the dead stuff from last year, get some new beds ready, figure out what t0 plant where, get my seedlings started, buy annuals, etc, etc, etc. don't know that I will get any inside chores done in the next couple of months....

Ok sorry for that garden distraction. happens a lot.


Saturday afternoon was the championship game. it was crazy. even crazier then the last game. i felt positive about how the girls would do but didn't think they would win. However, they played really tough even when down by 18. I knew that if they pulled within 10 before the half they could win. They did, and they did. WHOOHOOO conference champs. Its been a hard season and its just great they can go out this way. Even though they are loosing some great seniors I'm also excited for next year as the young players this year can build on the experience. I can't believe bball season is already over and won't start again until November.

Congradulations Cathy! The guy standing up in white is her dad. I like to watch the games with Cathy's parents. She had a whole cheering section for this game. Family is great isn't it!
Happy pie day everyone (ok so mama made pinapple upside down cake, but thats kind of like pie).
ps Anyone who would like some carrots (who lives in this area), please stop by, or call. I will even give you the fairly normal shapped ones :) although I may make you take some squash too.

6 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow you have a lot to do! I am going to start getting my garden ready too but mine is tiny compared to yours. Maybe you should just take a day off or two to get the garden ready. It was great being able to talk to you during Cathy's game thanks for reminding me it was on. ps i want some carrots

Sarah Jarvis said...

Wow, we should come help you in the garden. Well, "help" that is. Once it is warm and nice. Noah helped Grandpa plant seeds inside yesterday and after 2 minutes he yelled: "This is TOTALLY boring." Well, so much for that. But outside is a different story for sure.
I will call you for sure this week to see if I can come by and get some carrots (and squash). Well, hopefully, that is since I am going out of town Thursday. But I'll try. Can't pass that up.

helmhq said...

What totally fun carrots. I'm going to try my luck at them again this year and hope for better Weather. Please no big hail!

Smart Helm said...

I'd take some carrots! I really should plan a weekend to come up and help in the garden. Although... if I want to keep my job I probably better not. I agree with Jamie. You'll be sore the second day though.

GO CATHY! and Julie :-)

Montana at the Helm said...

Good luck with all your gardening projects. Sure wish I was closer. I would love to come over and help. We are hoping we can get a community garden spot this year. It is done by lottery...

Bethanie said...

You need to make lots and lots of carrot cake. YUM! so ever tasty.