Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Carrots and Cherries

So i got some more carrots from the garden for Sunday's pot roast (which turned out pretty good if I say so myself) and its always suprising what I pull up. So here are some fun pictures. The big one turned out to not be so useable. The top wasn't covered up as good and had gotten frozen. Then it must have been injured and the core had gotten bad. But I still had plenty of carrots and they tasted good!



















This one looked like a 7, or an L if you turned it the other way.







Here is what I got off the big one, but I'm going to dehydrate it as its a little dried out anyways.









I had such fun at the cherry reunion! I didn't get a lot of pictures since I forgot to take any really until the last day :( Mostly it was hanging out, laughing at the silly kids, and catching up. I also tried to make squash soup like Mandy on Sunday, but I got carried away on the ginger and it wasn't as tasty. At least I have plenty more squash to practice with. Any of you in this area who would like some squish just let me know!























































Can you tell the before and after?












Kimball and I went down to "Lake" Harriet because where there is water, one must throw rocks. Kimball had warmed up to me a bit by this time and we were good hiking buddies. Please ignore my squeeky voice. Maybe even turn the sound off!



Here is Fay helping out cooking. Notice the flour on her face?












You know what they say about what happens in Vegas.....? Not exactly true (no sillyness whatsoever):




My new years resolutions are going pretty good, except when Kate brought home so left over soooda. I am enjoying having a cleaner house.


I ALSO GOT TO WORK OUT IN THE YARD ON SATURDAY! its been awhile cause I was a bit sore the next day....

2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I love ur carrots!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Hey, great pics of the reunion. And good job on all that blogging :-)