Tuesday, March 16, 2010

spring is comin and i'm not yet ready

hew. I was able to get the tomatoes, squash, sweet peppers and melons planted tonight during biggest looser. I ran out of the peat pots so I'll get some more of that tomorrow and finish planting cucumbers and whatever else I want to get a jump start on.


I will buy only two, ok maybe three, tomatoes from the nursury: Brandywine, cherokee, and lemon boy. The seeds i planted today are: Sweet 100 (cherry), white tomesol
, wheeping charley, pineapple,
pink grapefruit, trip-L-crop, delicious, sara black, rose, woodle orange,
fireworks, mama leone, green zebra,
and thessaloniki. Also a regular and purple tomatillo.


The squash was 2 zuchinnis (black beauty, elite), baby blue hubbard, butternut, and kabocha. I'll probably buy a spaghetti, bananna, and hopefully thats it.

The melons are Jenny Lind, Honey Rock, Charentais, vine peach, cantalope, and sugar baby water mellon.


I really didn't feel that well today so I didn't go back to my office after my later visit and came home. It was sunny and that made me feel good so I got two grapes settled in, finished clearing off the last parts of the big garden so its ready to till (if I can borrow someone's), cut down more dead stuff, and pulled up all the black hoses before it was dark.


Wow I just watched the slalom for standing paralympians and the guy who one was from Australia and has spina bifida. What was amazing was he feel, but he got right back up and he had been going fast enough and continued to push it so hard that he won!

4 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Soooo...are you trying to feed all the starving children in Africa? I love your passion for gardening. It makes me smile!

Smart Helm said...

I loved Amy's comment :-)

I hope ur garden is everything u hope it will be. And I've been watching some of the parolympics too.. its been pretty intersting!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Wow, I can't believe how fun and awesome and productive your garden is going to be. And how much work! I definitely could see myself getting into gardening some day... but in the meantime I love reading about yours. and then I know where to turn for help.

helmhq said...

All those fun kids of things sound so exciting. I can't wait to see the results!