Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ducks

I saw some Rhoan/Khaki campbell ducks for sale on KSL classifieds (which is one of my favorite places to look for stuff). I wasn't sure about this cross as the add said they hadn't started to lay. Yesterday I finally decided to ask about them. Don't know what took me so long. Even with the coop mostly in planning phase, Ducks could've worked. Ducks aren't as picky as chickens so I could make due with even a box in the garage at night for them.




Anyways the seller got right back to me (which doesn't usually happen) and said that they had just started to lay everyday for the last 3 days and aren't sure they want to sell them.... maybe for twice as much. Then a few minutes later he sent another email that his wife had decided she wants to keep them.






I thanked him for getting back to me and said if he didn't mind I had questions about raising ducks. He was nice enough to get back to me. I really appreciate the info they gave me, mostly about if you have ducks and chickens you have to keep the ducks out of the chickens' water.




I also wanted to post some valentines from Hannah and Natalie that I put on my door at work. Natalie also sent a sparkly name but I felt I had better leave that at home.

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I'm sorry about the ducks. Apparently they are so awesome that nobody wants to share. I'm jealous of ur valentines!

txparkinsons said...

nice sad face ... you might ask alec to model his pouty lower lip - he's very good.

Neita and Nate said...

I tried to get you some ducks but they died during retrieval.

big bro

Angela said...

I really really wish I was loved enough for some valentines! Sorry about your ducks. Maybe someone else will come along.

Montana at the Helm said...

I decided if someone started reading your blog and didn't know where you lived, they would just assume you lived on a farm. I find that funny and cool! All your interests definitely make life more interesting, right? You're awesome!