Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Presidents Day

My presidents day was awesome. Mostly because I was going to have to work and then didn't. So I spent the first half of the day in my pj's! I read lots of farm/homesteading blogs (I want some icelandic sheep now) and such. Here is a hillarious video called "The Bridge Of Peril" that makes me laugh.



The rest of the daylight hours were spent a bit more productively.



I set up my spring hoop house.... hmm could use some more water bottles. Also the plastic sheet was too fat and not long enough so maybe I'll need to buy a new one. It looked ugly so I didn't take a picture.



I can tell its been a long winter when I got tired just turning over one bed, sawing up 10 rebar pieces and chopping down the rest of the main garden. .... ohh my aching back! Now just need to chop up the flower beds. I also planted some bulbs we were given in the fall. Hope they make it cause I do like tulips.











This feral cat has decided that he isn't that wild cause he likes to be scratched. Sometimes he remembers that he is wild and will get scared. I think getting Pongpong fixed made him even more friendly. The other 3 are still not very friendly but gradually get closer. Nangua is still not fixed. I think she had more kittens but she is too quick for the cages. When its warmer (and her possible kittens are able to be without her), I'll try again.









The evening was spent again less productive but I did get some laundry done and started some more sprouts so I wasn't a complete lazy bum.





This is my mini tray sprouter which I really like. I keep it under the heating vent in the living room as its warmest there and they sprout really fast.








Yes this is a different combo of sprouts then the previous picture.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what are the water bottles for in the hoop house?

Smart Helm said...

OK. i guess we can have some sheep with our water, dock, and ducks. Ur a busy girl. Those are some cute pictures of Pongpong!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow you have how many cats? Are you becoming a cat lady? Awesome that you are already starting your garden I have to say i'm a little jealous I want a garden but how in the world can I move that...so its not happening. I think you should get your chickens first I hear sheep are really dumb, just saying

txparkinsons said...

you health nut!