Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I didn't remember to send anything to all you folks I love, so consider this your valentine!














I actually really like this holliday. Whats not to love? hee hee, get it Love?
Love is great! Chocolate is also great and easy to love.

Remember back to getting the valentines for classmates in elementary school? It was usually some cartoon caracters or something similar for school. Sometimes mom would splurge and we could even put a few of the heart candies in each small envelope. Always had to make sure not to send anything "mushy" to any of the boys! For special people (Mom, Dad, Grandma, best friend, etc) we would make elaborate lace and construction paper valentines. My mom could make the best hearts ever! She is super talented.



Mom would often make a heart shaped pizza, and sometimes heart shaped pancakes or muffins for breakfast(mom is pretty clever she put a marble on the side of each muffin tin). We would often decorate some sugar cookies and then eat them. Never was a really elaborate or stressful holliday (other then hoping my valentines weren't too lame or I'd accidently give the wrong valentine out).




Dad generally would get mom some chocolate (which she was generally generous with sharing) and a flowering plant the day after (half price you know) and there you have it.






Someone very sweet gave our house a heartattack and left some delicious sugar cookies which may or may not now all be eaten.












Didn't want them to get stale! In keeping with the family tradition of day after sales, I might get myself some more fun socks :)






ps to my sisters who were a bit jealous of my time with Bethanie, the spare room is open :)

5 comments:

Angela said...

How long can i stay in the spare room? hahaha! Valentines day was always fun at our house wasn't it. And, we do have a pretty awesome mom!

Smart Helm said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'd forgotten some of that. I'm so glad u reminded me last night about chocolate so I could eat some of my ice cream in remembrance of V-day. I woulda eaten it anyways but at least then I had an excuse. Happy Valentines day to you!

Sarah Jarvis said...

I love you, too! Thanks for sharing your traditions and for posting again!

txparkinsons said...

only important people stay in the spare room! and i'm just family ...

helmhq said...

I'm planning on that spare room for my option if I ever need to get away/run away for a few days.

I used to be a fun Mom. Too bad I got old and cranky.