Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Nice

My middle name is Nice. This is to remind me of what I should be. Whats great is I'm surrounded by people much nicer then me and I hope one day I can live up to my name.


So my cute roommate gave me a valentines day present that I wanted to share.


I'm not sure if you can read it, but she gave me a puzzle of my homestead. She pointed out that there are orchards, mushrooms in the woods, horsies, aspargus by the stream, lots of flowers, a great place for fishing with salmon and trout, and there are ducks. On the side panel she wrote: "Not pictured are the extensive vegetable gardens, compost piles, greenhouse, barn, chicken coop, bird houses, vinyard, hot tub, wifi, sheds, hammock, bbq, smokehouse, summer oven, firepit, water features, pumpkin patch, cows, chickens, goats, sheep, and other misc critters."

It is so perfect! I guess I do talk about these things quite a bit and having it all written out like that just shows me how ridiculous I can be :) Oh well, one can dream. Thanks Kate, you are so great for putting up with me! This really made my day and gave me a good laugh. I love to do puzzles too.


Someone else Nice, is my friend Cathy. I've been going with Cathy to some high school bball games to scout/recruit. Well she is doing the recruiting, and I tag along. I go because A. its good for me to be out of the house, B. I like to spend time with Cathy, and C. its pretty funny. I always wondered why the little freshman had a hard time and in watching HS bball I realized its because its almost a different game! It reminds me of watching little kids play soccer where the goaly sits in the goal and all the other players mob the ball. Ok its not quite that bad, but the courts are a little smaller, the girls are typically smaller, and there are lots of jump balls, wierd fouls, and even funnier plays. Half the players can be on the ground at any given time :)







I also like going because I can ask Cathy questions about bball that I really don't understand. She is good at explaining but somethings still don't really make a lot of sense. Probably cause soccer is the sport I'm most familiar with and I feel those rules are pretty straight forward.

Thanks Cathy for being a great friend!

ps I had to sneak this photo as she is a pain about having her picture taken.

6 comments:

Smart Helm said...

That really is an awesome present for you! I'm trying to make some money... perhaps I better start looking for a job somewhere you can get some land. I'm glad u have nice people around you! Of course, they like to be around you because ur nice too.

Neita and Nate said...

You may want to note the Idaho 2A State Tournament gets underway at Bishop Kelly High School tomorrow night. I have a daughter playing. I guess you will be with Kathy as she checks that out. You are welcome to come by the house for snacks. We told Bailey not to make any verbal commitments yet. :)

txparkinsons said...

very sneaky picture

Jamie Pearson said...

Fun. And I miss you!

helmhq said...

What a thoughtful present. And..there is nothing wrong with great big dreams. You have to start with a big dream to get even little things done.

Can't imagine why Cathy would not want her picture taken. I've always thought she was pretty.

Anonymous said...

BRING THE PUZZLE TO WORK.