Saturday, July 24, 2010

Family Reunion Ends and odds

HAPPY PIONEER DAY EVERYONE. We are going to have some rootbear and some apple pie so we can celabrate appropriately (PieandBeer Day)


Beautiful morning, but I was not happy to be leaving. I had thought about going to Vegas with Melanie to make the reunion last a bit longer, but her house was full and I think she was still all stressed about the reunion.... so i was very sad.













I had breakfast that morning, hard boiled eggs, bacon, and various types of hot cereal with all types of toppings, and toast for those who preferred. I brought way tooo much food. Still had a gallon of OJ left, 1 large pkg of bacon, 18 hard boiled eggs and 18 raw eggs, 2 loaves of bread, and tons of cereal left. Oh well. At least no one was hungry.








We cleaned up the homes, got packed up, took pictures, and everyone headed out.
,



















Here is the side of the cabin when I tried to burn it down.









Here is my stuff bag with my pedometer and key chain light that Melanie was so awesome to do.









One of the little towns on the way back (I went a different way back) was having a festival so I stopped and got a yummy prime rib sandwhich. That made me feel a little better.






It was good to be home and to get to work in my garden. Mama had a party there that night so we worked to get the home and yard looking spiffy. Even though I was exhausted it was nice to get some of the things caught up...

3 comments:

helmhq said...

So sad you had to go home alone. We could have made room for you. I know that Melanie worried about you and we did too. I'm glad you had fun things to do when you got home, and can I come to the pie and root beer party. Sound way more fun that the one planned here by the Stake.

Smart Helm said...

I'm sad u had to go home without me :-) I even told Bethanie on the way back I was sad cuz usually I would leave with you! Thanks for letting me come play with you!

txparkinsons said...

i wish you could have partied with us, but i didn't make good plans ... i'm sorry about that ..

i washed up my grab bag and i'm ready for the next adventure!