Thursday, July 8, 2010

more garden updates from earlier in the season

Here are a bunch of pictures that I took earlier in the year.

First two show the star of bethlehem flower that comes up every year and look so pretty.















This picture doesn't look so good, but this was pretty pink phlox and the star of bethlehem












Couple of tulip pictures:














More forget me not's but I need to get rid of them because I hate dealing with the seeds.













With the spring flowers we got a little crazy with the bundt cakes. As you may know those have holes in them and so Mama fixed them.














Ones of these was in honor of Aaron's bday. Sent a picture to Aaron and then ate it all up!


Once the star of bethlem flowers dye, I clean out the bed so its ready for planting. Here are som before and after pictures.

















Couple more pretty flower pictures, although the color of the roses washed out.














Especially love the delphinium this year!


So the dandylions did well too this year. Mama has taken on the lawns more this year and the number has gone down.















The peas are just about done as the weather got hot all of a sudden. But they were enjoyed while here (most mornings I had peas and letuce from the garden as I grazed).












The great thing is the strawberries are on. They make the greatest breakfast (this picture doesn't look like that many, but it actually was quite a bit.









I also needed to thin some beets so I cooked them up and mama and I ate them. They were actually pretty tasty.


















In the spring I used quite a bit of rhubarb. I accidently left a couple out and they got wimpy so I put them in some water and the ends exploded.








3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

I really like ur garden. I hope I can come up soon and see it!

Montana at the Helm said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty, yummy, yummy, cool!

helmhq said...

This makes me sad. I can't find the starts you brought to the reunion. I want my flower garden to be pretty like yours, but I'm not willing to put in as much time as you do! I still have some pretty spots, but not everywhere.