Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

I was sad to not be home in NM for the 4th. Its one of my favorite hollidays and I love spending it with family. But I did have a good 4th. I got lots done in the yard and saw some fireworks, and ate a tasty hamburger from the gril with all the fixin's. Whats more to ask?

there were some other good things too. Because I was in Utah I got to see Malinda and her baby Peter. So Cute!














Because I was in Utah I also got to have lunch with Mandy, Fay, and Kimball. It was way fun. I only got this picture and it didn't turn out well because Kimball kept falling over. Mandy went out to get Kimball changed and when walking him back couldn't figure out why he kept falling over. She looked down, and it was because she had put both of his legs into one side of his shorts. Hard to walk like that! He looked like he had on a really tight skirt!











Here is Kate and I at the parade. Its a long parade. It might not be so long if it was a little closer together, but I guess things get spread out along a long parade route. It was a little dissapointing that only one of the high schools here has a decent sized marching band. LAHS was a lot smaller then these schools, but our marching band was decent sized. Anyways I got fried and so was tired out for getting lots of yard work done, but still managed to get a decent amount.










whats a parade without lamas?


The Orem institute had an interesting float. Joseph Smith was singing, and looked like the other prophets were waiting their turn. Moses looked like he hung out in the 60's a bit long though....











6 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I am glad you got to hang out with Mandy as well. Would've been fun to all hang out together! Peter is really cute! I also love the flowers and gardening you have been up to.

helmhq said...

I'm so glad you had some fun on the 4th and the long weekend. I would loved to have been able to see Mandy and children. We missed you in NM. Did you restrict yourself to the shade until the sunburn had completely healed. I hope so---More sunscreen and better hat!

txparkinsons said...

i think you've been properly taught regarding the sun ... hey, speaking of sons .. mine is coming to utah soon ... are you ready? :)

Smart Helm said...

I'm sorry I made u more sad by calling you on the 4th! But it looks like you got alot done. And so fun to see friends. Miss you!

Jamie Pearson said...

Poor Kimball that would have been funny to watch. I am sad I missed getting to see everyone. oh and not sure if i told you your garden looks great

Montana at the Helm said...

We don't even have a parade here in Missoula. Isn't that lame??? I agree, it would be fun to be with family on the 4th. But we also made the best of it and spend time with friends.