Sunday, July 25, 2010

cherries and chicks


My little cherry bushes are producing a small handful of berries this week. They are not tasty. Don't know what to do with them as there isn't enough to turn them into something tasty.... Maybe I'll freeze them and then add them to rhubarb or something similar later. Rhubarb is also not tasty until messed with.



Everytime I go to the local farm type stores, they have these there. I want one! They don't actually carry the kinds I want. Yes, I've done some research and have a list of chickens that would work for my backyard.... I'm desperate that way.


Our landlord seems to like me so maybeI should ask him.....

4 comments:

helmhq said...

What kind are your bushes, sour cherries? Lots of people in the ward here have chickens, but they are a responsibility that keeps you more tied to home. What are your city rules about such things? Ours are pretty open if you don't have too many of anything, or they aren't too noisy. Chickens can be quite noise even if they are all hens. Hens will crow too sometimes.

Smart Helm said...

Apparently Mom knows alot about chickens :-). I think they would be smelly and noisy. Ick. But if you want them, it certainly doesn't hurt to ask! U know the answer if u don't ask.
And yes, those berries are nasty. I forgot to get some rubarb! Dang it.

txparkinsons said...

at least you can eat chicks ...

Jamie Pearson said...

Yeah you should get chickens. i have a love hate relationship going on with them right now. ours arent too loud and they make good fertilizer. we let them roam the yard and one destroyed my fliowers im still mad at her. they arev however giving us eggs now. oh and we bought big feeders so we can leave for a few days and not have to worry about them. i think they are great pets we give them food and they give us food