Sunday, July 11, 2010

Family Reunion Day 3

Ok, didn't get pictures of this day. So I'll refer you to the other blogs, and maybe steal some. Try Melanie's, Mom's and Amy's as they are the ones that have posted about the family reunion so far.



Bethanie and Aaron provided a scrumpteous breakfast of hootenany pancakes and sausages. YUM. BTW forgot to mention Day's 2 tasty dinner of enchaladas by the parkinsons. thems are some good eatin!


Some went to hike angel's landing. Others stayed at the houses to enjoy the pool and take it easy. Some went back to Zion's to do easy stuff. I went with the latter group. We did the weeping rock and saw the little museum.
It was fun to eat our lunch in the coolness of the weeping rock. I think my parents should put in a similar setup on the west side of the home!










Then we went back so I could work on dinner. I turned on the gas grill to let it heat up. The greese underneath caught on fire and I almost burned down the house. Not sure if that grill works very well anymore.... brought way too much foood, but everyone seemed happy. I think the biggest hit was the chocolate milk =)

We did more olympic events. Amy has put pictures of those up so just check out her post: Then Amy made this tasty apple desert thingamajig. And there was bedtime, singing, and general hanging out until the day ended.

3 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Oh that makes me miss Zion! You should've done Angel's Landing... But really ALL the hikes are fun in Zion. Yay for Family Reunions!

helmhq said...

Good job Emily. See you borrowed a picture. As you can see the delay time makes for interesting photos.

Smart Helm said...

I think you could have embellished just a little on the fire :-). But good job on the pictures!