Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Obsessive?

So Tuesday night when Kate learned it would probably snow she started raking up the big pile of leaves (see previous post) and all the newly fallen ones to cart to the backyard compost pile and garden before they get really wet and hard to move. We started it a bit late, like 9:30 (which is really late now as they changed the time again- wish they would just keep it the same) and it was frosty cold.



Well after we were done I noticed that our neighbors acorss the street and down one (yes the naked neighbors) had raked up all their leaves into a couple of piles by the street. They have two trees so they were impressive piles. From past observations they bag them up and throw them away.



Not this year. Yes. I stole my neighbors leaves. In the dark night. I guess they could figure out they went to our house because there was a kind of trail left but with the wind from the incoming storm it was covered up by morning.



In my defense it was dark and late so I couldn't just ask.



If any of you are thinking to yourself why? I'll just leave it that leaves are exceptionally good for gardens. Duh.

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

A girls got to do what a girls got to do :-).

Jamie Pearson said...

ha ha ha I can totally see you doing that.

txparkinsons said...

leaf theif ... is there a commandment about that?

helmhq said...

We remember all the leaves on the ground in Connecticut. They were deep all over the back yard. However, they weren't good for the grass. We bagged them and threw them away. Sometimes there is TOO much of a good thing.

Neita and Nate said...

I was hoping you would come steal my leaves today, because I was tired of raking!