Thursday, November 11, 2010

Garden Catch up

I forgot to get pictures of all my fall garden harvest. I had a bunch of veggies to share with Melanie and Mom when I went to Vegas to cheer on her latest triatholon. I had a bunch of sweet peppers and hot peppers, more zuchinnin, eggplant, tomatoes, and extra large cucumbers. My phone died and I didn't have a charger so there are no pictures of the Vegas weekend. Sad. It was fun and the drive was much easier cause Alec came with. Melanie did a good post on it so I won't be too sad that I don't post about it.

I found random pics of veggies in my folder so I decided to post them instead.












couple of big baskets of tomato




some tasty garden salsa just about all et up.








found some tatoes. Next year I'll do better. I've learned a little each year.

I cooked them up the other day (crashed potatoes-yum!) and maybe its all in my head but I think garden potatoes are more fluffier then store ones.






Chinese Long Beans


I'll grow these again cause they were so fun!









these green zebras were tasty and prolific. I'll grow them again too.










big bowl of beans










I think this basket was from the first tomato harvests









Bubba growing- think he would've gotten bigger if given more water and more fertalizer







my largest tomatoe this year. About as big as my hand/head.








some plants acutally get prettier in the fall










first weird carrots of the seson. they were very tasty.





Whats left to do in my garden? Pull up and dispose of the squash. Harvest the dried beans and dispose of the plants (both squash and beans get a lot of disease so I don't compost them back into the ground). Harvest the potatoes-which is a lot of work. Put up a smaller hoop house and see if I can keep some greens going over the winter for winter salads and such. Turn over the leaves and dead plants throughout the garden to aid in composting. Prune the grapes and mulch for winter. Dig up the "dew berries" in the front (very prickly and not super tasty so out they go). Now its pretty cold so I sure don't feel like doing this anymore....

3 comments:

Smart Helm said...

That is quite the harvest. Thanks so much for sharing. ORGANIC food always tastes better :-)

txparkinsons said...

..wow...much work ... you are worker bee ... i am lazy queen ... bring me food!

helmhq said...

We can attest to the fact that you produce delicious veggies!! We thoroughly enjoyed what you so graciously shared. Course getting to spend time with you was the best of all.