Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Fall





Had a nice fall here in Utah this year. Usually its so short but we had a number of nice days and the trees all had the chance to show their colors before real windy days took it down.







So beautiful.

Had a picnic with Cathy and Kate at the dry canyon trail head. There are some crazy big houses up that way. This was sometime last month



A couple of days later I went on a nice fall hike with Cathy. We went to see a waterfall and then kept walking up into the mountains.











It was beautiful.





















I saw these berries and ate them they were way tasty. When I looked them up I think they may be elder berries. Whats wierd is that the elder berries in my yard are icky tasting. And with as good as these tasted its strange that none of the wildlife has eaten them. So maybe its not what I think it is. I always try berries and such in the wild, most are not so good.






These are what mine in the backyard look like but I also saw this photo on google for blue elderberries.... what do you think?






4 comments:

txparkinsons said...

what are you..a bear eating berries in the woods? i think there's a book about that ... sal something ...

anywho....

Montana at the Helm said...

those berry pictures are definitely web worthy! beautiful.

helmhq said...

Those do look like elderberries. Some are sweeter than others, some make a good substitute for chokecherries. I've not really tried that many of them in the wild, but I do wish you would identify before you eat!

Smart Helm said...

That looks pretty. I wish I coulda gone with u!