Saturday, November 13, 2010

fall camping

Went Camping at the turn of the seasons last month (could've been September since I haven't kept track well). I don't know why I don't do this more often. It was quick, easy and just really nice to be out and about.

Had steak, asperagus, chips and garden salsa, and garlic bread for dinner













Kate stayed in her happy yellow tent.







Cathy slept in her car. I slept here. See my set up? I guess I don't really rough it when I go camping.













We sat around the fire and watched the stars until it was time to go to bed.

I slept pretty good that night, only the stars were bright and kept me up. Shooting stars freak me out a little and once I thought there was a bear going to eat me but that was just wind.







In the morning there was frost on the blankets.








The morning we had a yummy pancake mix, eggs, turky bacon and hot chocolate. I like camping. I also like eating.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you crazy? where was your tent??? i am totally down for the car idea.

Sarah Jarvis said...

well, you were still somewhat roughing it because you don't have a tent. Other than that your bed is awesome! I don't think I have ever seen anything like it! Yay for fall camping!

Jamie Pearson said...

So much fun. I love that you slept on your blow up mattress under the stars. That makes me want to sleep on the trampoline. I want to go camping with you, Cathy and Kate. I've decided I'm coming to visit next summer

Melissa Bunn said...

Camping is great. Your dinner you had is making me hungry. I think sleeping under the stars is a little scary. For some reason a tent makes me feel a little safer. Weird I know. Way to go!

Montana at the Helm said...

Cooking and Camping are my favorite things to do together!

Smart Helm said...

I'm glad there are some people who will do that sort of thing with you :-). I'd certainly eat before I left though.

helmhq said...

Fun for you. Your meals sound wonderful. Isn't there room with the back seat down to sleep in the subaru? Maybe not as tall as you are.

Love the campfire and camp cooking, but need a flush toilet and a comfy warm bed. So--you see how we rough it!

txparkinsons said...

a bug could have flown up your nose while you were sleeping ... blech!

you're so brave ...