Saturday, February 4, 2012

thanksgiving

It was actually supposed to be in Dallas for Thanksgiving. But, tickets were crazy expensive. If I'm going to pay that much for a plane ticket I'd better be going to Hawaii!

Last year going to Nate's nearly killed Alec and me twice over (I still have occasional PTSD if I think the road is slippery at all :) So this year I waited till the last minute to see how the roads would be. It was all clear so I went to visit Bethanie. Alec and Megan came with because I was their ride. Melanie flew up there (she found some reasonable tickets through TED or something like that). And Jared and Amy stopped by on their way back to MT.

Anyways we had a lovely feast and fun times hanging out (we won't mention the tv fiasco- check Melanie's blog on that if you want to laugh at me). I made the yams and apple and it got two thumbs up!













We did a turkey shoot- here is the practice rings beforehand.















I don't know why I didn't get any pictures of the actual feating, or fun prep times, or all the BANG, ping-pong, and other games that went on....




We went for a fun walk by the river in swan valley (or something like that), and Jared showed us how to make land- by pushing big rocks into the water. Soon everyone was joining in. I took pictures to send to Bethanie so she wouldn't have fear that her kids were falling in.































3 comments:

helmhq said...

Enjoyed your pictures. Looks like fun. We missed you guys here, but glad you had fun at Bethanie's, especially since they couldn't come for Christmas. At least you got some pictures. I totally forgot to take any at Thanksgiving.

Smart Helm said...

I didn't notice you had posted again.. all this crazy posting of you! It was fun to hang with the family, eh? Although I did miss the hot tub.
So glad you were safe this year... PTSD is the worse :-)

Gage said...

The bigger the rock the more manly!