Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Christmas 2011 part 1

I got to go home for Christmas. Amy, Jared, and Gage rode with me and we had a non-eventful fun trip. We stoped at Wilson's arch just to the side of the road between Moab and Montecello. Its a fun quick jaunt in the middle of the long trip.





















As is always the case I mostly have random pictures instead of highlights of the actual festivities. Sorry.


Once in New Mexico there was some last minute shoping to be done. Thorpe and Aaron were sad to be left behind.



Tried 4 different cinnamon roll recipes this year and we decided getting pizza that afternoon is a new tradition.





New Years Eve we got the luminarios ready, and then of course lit them as soon as it was dark, right before warming up with traditional clam chowder (and then heading out for caroling). Luminarios is one of my favorite traditions. The little lights line our walkways inviting the christ child into our house showing that although there was no room in the inn, there is room in our hearts and homes. Its quite, dark and cold, and each light warms us. Plus its a chance to play with fire :)











One thing that was funny the morning of Christmas was Thorpe knew santa had been there and he wanted in the room!





Hurry up Guys!










Pre going in photos. I got distracted afterwards so there aren't any pictures of the actual loot.






































Then we went to church and many of us participated in the christmas program. Came back ate good food and then finished opening some presents. It was great!

2 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Wow, your almost all caught up! I think the luminarios are the best part too. Too bad none of the pictures I took with my camera turned out... and I had forgotten about the pizza :)

helmhq said...

I'm so impressed that you are working on all the things you meant to post. Maybe I ought to take a note out of your book. We should remind each other to take pictures of all the fun things we do at family gatherings.