Thursday, July 30, 2009

last week ok, this week not so much


Bee balm is such a funny looking flower. The bees do really like it. I think they look like balding Dr. Suess heads :)







This post is from last week. I meant to post it and then didn't get to it.... I ended up working a bunch of hours over last week (partly due to Pioneer Day) and this week I'm on target to hit twice as much. I wouldn't complain as much if I could put down the actual hours worked and be compensated, but I can't so its perfectly ok to complain. AND its MY blog so i can complain as much as I want!

I got home after dark and had to leave early (for me) every day this week. except I was home when it was still light out today, whoohoo. I found a giant zuchinnin, picked a bunch of fat beans (ie overripe), but also got a couple of tomatoes. Mama has been really good to help me this week with the watering so everything is still alive

Things were great with Melanie and Angela and Mom (briefly) came to vist. See melanie's post http://msmarthelm.blogspot.com/2009/07/weekend-in-provo-what-i-learned.html fyi I don't live in provo, we spent Friday mostly in SLC, then Sat up the canyon so I don't understand why Melanie always says that. Also for confidentiality maybe she should say that she went to Utah or something.

I really like the county building in Washington square. I think we should design our castle after it.









I saw this float parked near the end of the marathon. This stake is across the street from me.







I wanted to find the fountains at the gateway, but instead i found this cool hat. I think it would be too heavy to do any real work in!


Anyways after Angela and Mom left it went downhill from there pretty fast. I'm onery, tired, burned out, annoyed, and did I mention tired? But last week wasn't as bad and it ended happy with visitors and me taking friday off!

Post from June 22nd.
I meant to post earlier as I got into a habbit last week of posting nearly everyday and it was fun. Monday I got busy in the garden and Cathy stopped by and helped dig some holes for the last of the replacement flowers and then it was late and I was tired so I went to bed...no posting. Oh almost forgot that Cathy brought over a bunch of wood for our wood pile. We were going to have a fire, but got busy planting and then talking on the front porch.


Tuesday I was not so happy. Some things have not been going well for me at work. Some cases aren't going well and I keep getting shut down by some of the commitees. I must have offended some people higher up or something and I'm not handeling it well. I think I've also been staying up late and that makes me onry! To top it all off, I locked my keys in the car and left my phone at home. Fortunately I have Cathy's phone number in my work phone and she was nice enough to rescue me on her way to vegas. I think I was also sad about not going to Vegas with her. It wasn't practical but an escape sounded so great.


Wednesday went better. I was in a better mood, worked in my garden before work (actually got distracted and it made me a little late, but thats also what puts me in a better place) got some work done, but always still behind. I worked late but as we had an awesome breakfast at staff meeting, i didn't get too hungry. Then after coming in from working in the yard, one of the rommates (Kate or Mama I can't remember who started the conversation) said they wanted marshmallows. I said we could do a fire and with very little encouragement proceeded to do so. I don't know about you but once theres a fire going I need a hotdog. Kate was nice enough to let mama and I eat her last two dogs. Unfortately the roasting sticks I had cut for our Saturday fire weren't quite as green as before and we both lost them. I caught mine but we had to use some manoevering to get the other one out. Either way they were so tasty. We stayed out there a long time watching the embers. It had cooled off quite a bit and was a nice night. It made it a late night but was relaxing and peacefull.

Today I didn't need to come in to work for the hours (its pioneer day Friday), but had things I needed to do. I'm really looking forward to Melanie and Angela coming to visit, but don't have anything way fun planned yet. I've found it doesn't really matter since its just fun to hang out and as long as everyone is fed on time we are pretty happy!
I gave the lavendar bush a trim. It smelled so good. I should've saved a couple of sachet's but ended up just using them as mulch on the raspberries. Still smells good!
There was a sleeping bee in this flower, but she left before I got her picture. Watering sort of woke her up. I dont' know if any of my winter squash will ripen before the end of the summer, but the morning blossoms make me happy!

4 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Yes we did have fun and I so enjoyed eating the fruits of ur labors out of ur garden!

I'm sorry work has been so stressful and the people there are so dumb. I'll come beat them up. To paraphrase our father, "those who can't do Social Work, manage those who can".

helmhq said...

I hope our staying didn't add too much to your tiredness and stress. We really appreciate your welcoming us and making us so comfortable and providing food and company. I love seeing how your garden is growing. It always looks so good.
Glad you got to make a fire. That can cure a lot! And know that your family loves you bunches even if some people don't realize what a gem you are.

Montana at the Helm said...

I like your fire picture!

I must say that working extra hours with no extra pay bites! Is Bryant being nice?

Jamie Pearson said...

I'm sorry you are having a hard time at work if you ever need to talk call me. I'm always here for ya!