Thursday, June 4, 2009

not the memorial day post

I wanted to do a post for memorial day, but I still need to get the pictures from mom. So you all will have to wait... anxiously I'm sure.

So to tide you over I'll post pictures of... you guessed it my garden! I got my big pots all planted last weekend. This year they are mostly pinks and purples. Wierd!






These two are right by the front door and look the most similar.





These two are by the walk leading to the front door, not sure I like the green one, but I decided to leave the dusty miller that had survived the winter. Hopefully it will look better when the plants grow in.














This one has hens and chicks and hangs out in the back. One of these years I'll get a little rock garden going and put them there.











This one hangs out by the herb gardens and I think it will be really pretty. The last one is just a little blue pot with a left over geranium and a couple of frilly petunias for fun.












and the shade garden is done. I got most of the bigger plants put in before leaving Friday morning with the parents. They helped get things ready so I could leave with them.... in my hurry the night before I washed my phone in the washing machine....












didn't get a picture of the other side.



Mom brought me lots of extras from her garden and I am excited to get them taking over my yard. I've noticed the plants from home seem to be extra happy here. Maybe because there is soil and water here. Plants seem to like that.


I also finished the hanging pots for the back porch (5 of them). Now I just need to sweep up all the dirt and make it pretty back there again.




















Last night I finished planting the tree garden (although it was getting dark so I had to fill in a few more tonight). So didn't get a picture of that because I was planting until dark again tonight. I should have enough flowers to finish up the front sun garden tomorrow and hopefully the stump garden because my trips to the nursery are still expensive! I also hope that I don't need to be out late planting much more cause the mosquitos are out now.


I've been having lots and lots of salad out of my garden (various letuces, herbs, etc). This is a poor picture, but there you go.







Kate won free tickets to the televised Glenn Beck Tour. It was pretty good!

Finish up with my pretty little shrub rose.

5 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

wow you are going crazy with the garden this year it is looking beautiful! Oh and to keep the mosquitoes off take a dryer sheet and rub it on yourself. it works great and smells great for some reason the bugs don't like the smell of dryer sheets. i like them because then you don't smell like OFF.

Smart Helm said...

That is gorgeous. I never did redo my pots and now it's pretty much to late. Too hot! Perhaps growing your own seedlings instead of buying them would help reduce costs.. but would add to ur burden... never mind!

Can't wait to come and see the beautiful garden in person before the family reunion!

Melissa Bunn said...

Wow! You're amazing! It looks beautiful. Do you want to come do my yard?

helmhq said...

They are even prettier in person!!!

WARNERS said...

wow, Emily! I'm super impressed! You are quite the green thumb! I wish I had your ambition. When I see the difference you have made and how beautiful it all is it makes me want to get myself in gear and do some of the things with our beds and pots that I have been putting off. I wish I could be there to help you with your lettuce!