Sunday, September 7, 2008

Zucchini Recipe

This recipe is an awesome way to use up big zucchini's. It is so good! I got it from KSL channel 5

Zucchini Pizza Caserole
Dough/crust part:
3c shredded zucchini (abt 1 large zucchini)
3 eggs
1 clove garlic minced ( I used quite a bit more then that)
1 ½ c bisquit mix
½ c shredded parmesan cheese
(I also added spices like black pepper, basil, parsley, season salt, and a little oregano)

Mix it together and put in a sprayed 9x13 pan. Put 15 oz pizza sauce (I made my own) on top and gently spread over zucchini mixture, sprinkle abt ½ cup Italian type cheese mix over the top (I use whatever I have on hand which happened to be mozerella, parmesan, and a little colbi jack). Top with whatever pizza type toppings you like (I used mild italian sausage, fresh cremini mushrooms, olives, and fresh tomatoes) finishing with another ½ cup or so of cheese. Cook 45-60 minutes at 350* or until cheese is melted and toppings are hot through, and the zucchinni crust stuff is cooked.

I cooked the dough, pizza sauce, and cheese first and then added the rest of the toppings and finished cooking, because I like making sure that part is cooked through. I made it again cooking it all at once, and I think I liked it the first way better!

This would be really good into breadsticks (just put cheese on top and cook), or maybe a creamy sauce with spinach and chicken. Lots of possibilities and really easy!

1 comment:

Smart Helm said...

Just a hint.. I did a keish once (don't know how to spell it.. its that egg thing) and when it asked for Bisquick, I just put all the dry ingredients together of their baking powder biscuts and added that. It seemed to work well. (I don't use bisquick cuz I keep forgetting to pick any up!!)