Monday, April 5, 2010

snow tonight, spring tomorrow?



My sprouts are growing pretty big, especially the squash! The temps will get pretty low for the next few days, but I'm planning on putting them out on Thursday. I've got little greenhouses planned, so I'll let you know how that turns out!




I got onions today! Whoohooo. It just makes me so happy! I got the same two kinds as last year, only I'm going to know which ones which this time, and (of course) I added a new one, red/purple onions because they look so pretty in salsa :) Will hopefully get them planted this weekend, but first will be tending to potatoes (more on that later)


I plannted some raspberries this morning before it got too cold (its snowing again right now). They are Carolina raspberries that Brenda from work said are the best ever. She is a successful gardener and I didn't find that out until this year, otherwise I would've been picking her brains all along. Yet another reason I'm sad my office is moving. (more on that later) Anyways after I found out what kind is the best from her, she then offered to give me some. free. those are always the best. I waited a bit before planting them (should've done that on Saturday) so I sure hope they make it. She gave me 7 little starts when I only needed 4 so I've got some extras if one doesn't make it.




Worm update: They still look like worms. I think they are doing what they are supposed to, but I also think I've over fed them. The things I've read said its better to underfeed, but like most things, I over do it. Here is a recent yummy platefull I gave them, potato, carrots, and bananna peels.




4 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

I want some berries! I would love to plant some but since we are moving at the end of the year I figure its better not to. So tell us more about your office moving. Oh and I sure hope we don't have roosters they are all supposed to be hens but I guess only time can tell

Smart Helm said...

How did u post and not leave a note on my blog? I hope everything continues to go well for u regardless of the snow, potatos and office move :-)

Sarah Jarvis said...

Raspberries are the best! So yummy!

helmhq said...

You are inspiring me--maybe i will get some raspberries started. Some people seem to do it successfully here.

WV=Haleady.... as in Hey Lady you are a great gardener