Thursday, October 9, 2008

Update

so i've been negligent in keeping up my blog. Sorry! Well I had fun that weekend with Melanie, Jared, Amy, and Gage. Gage is a cute kid and I like the way he always has a song to sing. It was even more fun to watch his parents when he was having a tough time! He and I seem to have the same opinion of the Belagio water show....IT ROCKS! Maybe next time he and I will just hang out there and everyone else can do something else. We had fun at the Spring Preserve, even though I had gone there on our sister's weekend this spring, I saw new things and it was fun showing Gage. I liked the animal part the best I think.

Us girls went to the relief society broadcast on Sunday with Melissa's stake. I think its a great idea to do it like that. I really enjoyed it and reminds me of how blessed I am, and that I need to do more good things in my life!


It took me awhile to recover from two weekends in a row in Vegas, but I'm back to my chipper happy self! Conference Weekend was also really good. I was sad when Angela wasn't able to come down, but maybe I got more out of conference that way =) I started (again) a quilting project. I'm cutting up old clothes to make into an easy quilt. However, I think I'm probably just going to end up with lots of square rags and not a quilt. It did keep me awake during conference and it is always fun to cut things up. I'm worried about sewing anything because my sewing machine is in open rebellion currently. Granted I haven't used it that much, but it does seem to be an especially contrary machine!


Couple of other fun things for this past weekend was picking up Jamie's wedding dress and picking out a tiara. As Jamie said, "Everyone should have a tiara." Ok maybe thats what I said, I think Jamie said something more along the lines of "It will be great for dress up!" More practical, but I think my sentaments are applicable. I took some fun pictures of Jamie in her kokopelli shirt, kahki's, a veil and a tiara, but forgot to push save after I took them.





I also went shopping with Jamie and Cathy up to the outlets at Park City. I guess I'm one of the few people that didn't know Park City was more then ski resorts. The trip up the canyon was beautiful. The leaves were changing colors and the sky was soo blue. I'm not much of a shopper, but with great company it was very pleasurable. We stopped at Granny's for shakes, and I got a cheeseburger! We all picked out the same color of shirts at one of the stores (they didn't have the sizes we needed with the other colors, and they were way on sale!) so we can all be twinners! I got a new pair of jeans which I think are now my favorite (I had to replace one of my other pairs as the zipper broke- at work which is awkward!).





This week has gone by very fast. I had an adoption which closed 4 cases, and now I've got a new case. But its great to be doing stuff. I don't have any specific plans for this weekend, but I do need to make sure I go to bed on time as I got back into bad habbits!

I have a new toy! We are happy to welcome the food dyhydrator to the family of random kitchen appliances! I dyhydrated probably a whole a bushel of home grown tomatoes which I eat like crackers. I've heard tomatoes are good for you so I should be extreemly healthy now. I think the apples were the biggest hit as they were all gone sooo fast. I got the apples from a coworker and used my other favorite appliance, apple peeler-coorer-slicer (neck and neck with the noodle maker) and it was super fast, super easy. I'll have to get some more so we can have more healthy snacks. I also did pineapple which is tasty, and carrots (from my garden) which aren't.


In other news, I started excersizing a little every night. Hopefully by writing this down I don't jinks myself. I'm just doing situps, pushups, etc but I figure its a start. Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

Hey! I've been drying food too! Isn't it fun?!? My mom gave me an old one so it's not the best, but it works. Apples are our favorite too. Also something else that is yummy is boiling the peeled, cut up apples, mashing them and spreading them on plastic trays and making fruit leather. Gage just loves it. Did your food dryer come with plastic insert tray thingies? Mine didn't so my mom told me to buy that thick plastic that people put on their tables for a tablecloth. I cut it to the size I needed and it works great! Happy drying!

Smart Helm said...

I'm glad u had fun with me! Oh yes, and those Montana Helms too. And I know Park City! Since u only went up to the outlet malls, u didn't pass where I lived. Oh well. Anyway... good luck with the quilting project (it can be ur conference project and only work on it for 8 hrs every 6 months) and with ur dryer. Never really understood the point of a dryer... just use it all fresh!! OK OK, so sometimes u can't use them quick enough... give them to me!

Jamie Pearson said...

Gross who chooses to eat rocky, grass, and straw milkshakes??? Man we have some problems. Man that was a fun little trip we should take another one soon.

Anonymous said...

i want dried apples. that sounds so good right now. so domestic e nice.

Bethanie said...

I've been trying to work out a little in the evenings, but then I had this thing called muy birthday and I bought a lot of books and....well there has been a lot of sitting on my buttom and very little other things. At least I have a comfy bum!!

Myriah Cohen said...

Hi Emily,

So is that picture an accurate representation of your food dehydrator?

It looks like a salad spinner to me. Our food dehydrator is from the 80's, so it doesn't look like yours.

Wait... are you suppose to spin the hydration out of your food?!

Bethanie said...

Now I leave pictures. To bad you can't realy see it. I did my best...I did my best..

WARNERS said...

Wow, you're so popular! I've never received so many comments on a blog entry. I guess you actually write something interesting in yours. There's only so many times you can say "cute picture". I think its great you're working out. I've been trying to be better too! I'm very impressed with your dehydrating. Maybe some day... first I have to grow something!

Heidi said...

Don't dry pumpkin. It may taste good raw and in pie - but it is awful dried. Even my dog won't eat it. sigh.