Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vegas...again


So, those of you who follow Melanie's blog know the reason I didn't update what my exciting plans were for the weekend. For those of you who don't, its because I made a suprise visit to Melanie to support her triathalon! I am very proud of her and she did awesome. I took good pictures (yes, self compliment). The drawback was getting up at 5:30!



This tri was more fun because I got to drive along the bike ride and cheer Melanie on at a couple of places I stopped. Its fun because I could tell when Melanie would be coming in because I recognized the people who she was near. There was one lady running in a fairly skimpy outfit who was (yes its possible) whiter then Melanie. She beat Melanie in the run, but it was easier to guess when Melanie would finish. The only annoying part of the whole race was the announcer guy.
He thught he was funny, but he was the only one laughing at his jokes. He even went off on this rant about how the Prius isn't a Green Vehicle, and even has a bigger carbon footprint then a Hummer. Not sure how he came to that one. But he was supposed to be just announcing the finishers. It went like this (anouncer in red, Emily's thought responses in black): Another LA Tri member- Joe Schmoe just finished good job Joe! I lived in Bellvue so I'm familiar with LA Tri, its my favorite Tri team, although later I moved to San Franscisco. I will be here with you until the last finisher comes off the course, then I have to hurry and catch a flight (Nobody Cares!). Hey, you all should come to my house for a party afterwards. HA HA HA (Huh? Nobody is listening, and nobody cares! Who is this guy?)
Anyways it was a beautiful day and it was really fun to suprise Melanie! Melanie didn't get as much studying done as she was supposed to, but I got through 4 books. That is my type of vacation!
Afterwards we took a nap, then spent some time in Melissa's hottube. The nice thing about being back is my own bed! I'm not supper excited about being cold in my house yet, but at least its hot chocolate season. I already bought 3 new varieties today.

5 comments:

Bethanie said...

Yumm! Hot chocolate!! We all had some last night after our soccer practice. It was soo cold! Then when I got up this morning it was WARMER then last night. How strange is that??!?

Unknown said...

I heard that thing about the PRius too, something about how all the parts are made in different parts of the world, and the manufacturing and shipping of everything takes more energy than it saves by being a hybrid?

Smart Helm said...

Thank u again so much for coming! I think I'll keep you. Sorry Bethanie, but Emily is my favorite. (she told me so herself) And it was really funny about the anouncer... I wish people could see/hear you do it.

Shore dew luv ya!

Jamie Pearson said...

I am so excited for our hot chocolate season...Yum yum yum good thing i bought whip cream to go on top. You're the best!

Melissa Bunn said...

It was so fun to see you last weekend. Thanks for letting me help surprise Melanie and thanks for cheering! I'm glad we could try out the spa together too! Lots of Fun!