Thursday, January 26, 2012

wherin I become a real fisherperson



This summer I had the oportunity to go fishin' a couple of times just up the canyon. And what was crazy was I actually caught a fish. It was suprising and somewhat alarming! Good thing there was a guide type person nearby who helped rescue the fish and keep me from loosing my pole. I really do enjoy fly fishing and seeing a fish come and eat my fly is amazing!

We stopped at deer creak to watch some kite boarders. Clicke on the picture and you can see them.



Cathy is a real fisher person (not like me)








I even went fishing when we went to ID for Natalie's baptism














In the fall, 0ur friend Craig took us on a lovely day trip to the upper Provo. The Provo goes over a series of beautiful falls. I had no idea there was so many lakes up in the Uintas, its a lot more wet then the mountains in NM. It was beautiful!













































Hi Cathy. Hi Emily
















Of course I had to cross to the other side and then take a picture to show how amazing I am.... :)










We ate a picnic lunch and hiked over to Trial Lake- or was it Washington?






















Beautiful!




Either way Cathy started casting and caught a fish every minute or so until we had to go.... And I caught a couple





We went back a week or so later and camped overnight (I usually sleep under the stars but for some reason that night I kept thinking bears were going to get me so I didn't sleep much) and I caught more fish, not even by accident :) So I is a real fisherperson now.

6 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Now you just need to get some waders so you LOOK like a real fisherman so other people know... not just those that read ur blog.
Watch out for those bears!

Jamie Pearson said...

oh man i'm so amazed at all the fish you caught!! and such beautiful lakes. I want to go camping. Lets go when i come to visit with my 2 kids...that should be an adventure

Montana at the Helm said...

Those are some beautiful pictures! Way to go on the fishing! It is fun to get the fish on the line, just not getting off the line. At least that is what I think.

Neita and Nate said...

I cried at least twice reading this touching story in which another Helm becomes truly converted.

Sarah Jarvis said...

so cool! congrats! looks way fun and i love adventures like that!

helmhq said...

I sure hope jealousy is not a sin if you can still be glad for your daughter. Loved the pictures. Need to see some of those lakes.