Sunday, January 22, 2012

Things are growing- and not just mold in the fridge

Spring? well up until yesterday it was feeling like spring wasn't far off, but then we got the white stuff. I don't really mind it. I think it was pretty today wiith the white snow and blue skies, similar to winters in NM


Anyways I'm in the prep for Spring. I put in a big order through Bakers Creek.... the second picture is my wishlist cause even though it doesn't look like it, I really was trying to restrict myself until the end when I got carried away with tomatoes....















These seeds were ones that Gage ordered. He saw me drooling over my catalogue over the break and asked what I was doing. He said he was interested so we looked things over and here is the result:


I took a few seeds from some of the packets because I haven't tried most of them before either so it will be fun. After talking to Amy, I picked out some more seeds to send to MT along with a green beaded lizard (that Gage made with Melanie), and a lost CtR ring. Hopefully they will get their seeds before long!





Some things are already growing in my house. In a couple of months there will be more starts. I can hardly wait! The only problem is that since I went overboard with tomato varieties this year, I will have to actually choose which ones to plant.







My plan this year is to ask the owners of some empty lots near my house if I can put a row (or 2) of tomatoes and a couple (like 7?) hills of squash...


On other news I already accomplished my new year's goal 2012. It was to print out all 12 months of goal sheets. I'm getting lots of check marks so I feel good about myself. I finally got one check mark in the exercise column last week.... 15 min on a bike and my legs were like jello :)

7 comments:

Russ and Michelle said...

Russ is getting WAY too excited for spring too! And we'd be happy to take any starts off your hands that you can't find homes for! :]

Smart Helm said...

Wow, looks like you've sure set ur sights high this year! Looks like alot of work to me, but I hope you have fun. Good luck!

Neita and Nate said...

I am serious still about a "real" greenhouse.....one day....

Montana at the Helm said...

This sure gets me excited! We are excited to get our seeds! Thanks bunches!

txparkinsons said...

did you put a check mark by calling your sister while you drove home in the snow? i loves you...and your cello too ..

helmhq said...

I'm getting anxious to start growing things too, but it's really too early for anything I can think of here. So glad you are going strong on your charts. Now if we could just get some done too!

Jamie Pearson said...

i knew i should be thinking about my garden...oh no i best put that on my to do list....hmm will it happen before i have this baby?? and i can't wait to see your garden this year. I'm telling you come up here and help me!!!!