Monday, November 10, 2008

Confessions....

I don't have any thing new to say, so I thought that would make a good blog :)

On Friday and Saturday Jamie and I made her bridal shower invitations. They are very cute and every one is different. All of you are invited if you know Jamie. Its Nov 22nd, 11 at my house! Here is a picture of most of the ones we made. I got a little carried away at the scrapbooking store so we have some left over paper and die-cut flowers. We are just going to send them to the people around here, but if there are leftovers (or if I make more) you far flung cherry chubs might get an invite. It was a fun project even if I tend to get overwhelmed with even little responsibilities such as making sure Jamie has a bridal shower. Now I just have to actually mail them. (ps I covered up the addresses for this post-those scribbles aren't actually there!)

Its been rainy. I actually like gray rainy days. Probably from growing up in the desert. However, I didn't really like today. On gray rainy days I want to stay at home and drink hot chocolate and read a cozy book by the fire, with occasional forays out to feel the rain on my face, or at least watch the patterns on the window. But today, I had to go to work. Enough said.

I have found that I tend to blog about what I cooked for Sunday dinner. I don't know why because I'm really the only one that cares (and maybe my roommates who eat what I cook). I think this makes me extra boring. Oh well, I will blog about it any way. I made enchilades verdes caserole with the tomatillos I picked from the garden before it froze over. I should've used them weeks ago as they weren't quite as tasty as when they are fresher. I also had asperagus because it looked good in the store and I'm the worse impulse buyer I know. Then I tried a recipe that Sarah found for the cabbage from the garden. Tasted ok, but our cabbage is a little bitter. Probably didn't get watered enough or something. Cabbage gives you gas, just so you know.

The one fun thing I made last night was pumpkin muffins (at 9pm). I had leftover pumpkin from the 7-layer pumpkin dip that I needed to use up. They turned out good (thanks mom for the input) and Cathy was persuaded to come over and visit because of them. Yay for friends! It was my kind of recipe which means measuring is optional. The problem with this kind of cooking is that I can't always reproduce the results!

I am feeling very trunky in my ward. I didn't go to FHE tonight even though I was actually home before it started. I have guilt about that, but not enough to actually go to activities. I blame work. Since my work involves social, I shouldn't have to be social afterwards!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

I know what you mean about the rain. I told a friend of mine yesterday that I really like day's like that, and she said she only liked them when it actually rained. I guess in her wet world vocabulary it was spitting. I was surprised because I had been sure it was raining: Wet was coming down from the sky. I just wish the wet was warm enough that you could spend some time out in it. New Mexico always seemed to rain warm water. Did you get some Hot Chocolate when you got home from work?

Unknown said...

I HEART rain too :) I think it only rained warm rain in NM because it would rain most in July or August during monsoon season, if it was cold, and there was precipitation, it was most likely snow.
I made pumpkin bars from a pumkin from my garden. It involved baking it for an hour, making a complete mess in the kitchen, then making the bars a few days later...I think i'll blog about it :)

Smart Helm said...

I love rain and miss it so. I'm glad u tell us what u cook... I know its an adventure for u so I like to share in ur adventures! I'm excited to come and visit! (I haven't been visiting for months and months! Rn't u proud of me?)

PS... u missed one address right in the middle!

Chelsea said...

I always loved our Sunday dinners when we were roommates. In fact, I had to go find the peasant bread recipe so I could make it myself. :)

Montana at the Helm said...

Those invitations look great! I'll have to invite you over when I need to make invitations for an event. Of course you are invited over anytime.

I like hearing about your meals. I can tell that you enjoy making a meal that everyone can enjoy. And it's so awesome that you are still using your garden produce, even if it doesn't taste that great.

Montana at the Helm said...

The garden vegetables, that is, not your meals! he he

Bethanie said...

I used to like rainy days...not anymore. When it rains alot and you have to have your lights turned on all day that doesn't make me feel happy. Maybe it's because the sun just doesn't shine like it does in NM. IN SONG: Oh give me a home, where the sun cooks and fries and when you look up it burns your eyes. Anyways, have you tried the new cinn. roll recipy. I'm dieing to but afraid of all the butter it calls for.
misma!!!

helmhq said...

Somebody needs to make suggestions that I can copy for meals--I'm all burned out on that part! I almost got up enough energy to mix bread when it was cloudy and cold here--almost!

WARNERS said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with the invitations, they look fabulous! Wish I could come to the shower. Is there a theme or anything?
I wish it would rain here - it is still nice but we have only had 3 days of rain in the 5 months we've lived here.

txparkinsons said...

what should i cook with my very ripe tomatoes?

i love rain - work or not ... the grayer the day - the happier i am. i guess i'm just contrary.