Thursday, August 19, 2010

Saturday in Paradise

Saturday morning dawned bright and early, with the time change I was up to watch it. It was amazing. All the birds singing and colors in the sky. So fun to see the different types of birds.





Brief rain showers would come by and the morning was nice and misty.





One of the things that would be a reoccuring theme on this vacation is the roosters in the morning, in the afternoon, and basically everywhere we went :) So even thought the rooster would wake me up, I didn't mind because, I was in Kauai!




This picture wasn't quite as cool as the other sunrise one, but you can see that there is a lovely jungeling garden right outside of our back Lanai. So many different shades of green, and it seems that every tree and bush has flowers! Also interesting to see plants that I didn't recognize. Did see coconut, avocado, and banana trees.







These avocados and limes were growing back there. We really enjoyed the limes, and the avocados were amazing, although they didn't ripen till right before we had to leave.






We walked around explored the place. I went on a "run" and I must say running in paradise is not nearly so hard as doing it anyplace else...



We decided to go snorkeling and the ride took us through beautiful countryside. At every turn on this vacation it was like being in a post card.



We stopped at a farmers market and I got some "apple" bananas and some longgan! It was so cool to see and be around things that reminded me of Taiwan.





Then we came here. Tunnels beach on Hanalei bay. Oh wow. Snorkeling was so amazing. The minute I put my face in the water there were fish everywhere. Fish of every shape and color. and sea turtles. I swam with sea turtles!

The water was amazing, so clear, just the right temperature. Did you know that the ocean is really salty? I don't recommend drinking it :)
We had packed our lunch and eating on the beach made it all the more tasty. We watched kiteboarders out on the reef.
By evening we were pretty tired. Took a dip in the pool and just enjoyed the ocean breezes.

7 comments:

helmhq said...

Photos are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa Bunn said...

Wow...How fun!! I'm glad you went snorkeling. I bet it was amazing! I'm excited to hear more.

Neita and Nate said...

jealous!

Montana at the Helm said...

Fun, fun, fun! Snorkeling sounds like it was one of the highlights of your trip.

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful Saturday. - I'm very jealous as well.
(well, not of the avacados, I'm allergic)

Smart Helm said...

I know you enjoyed it so much. I'm so happy for you!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Sounds like you were really loving it! You sound so excited. For obvious reasons! It is so pretty and that day sounds like a Super Super Saturday! Love those!