Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday

Another beautiful day! Monday morning was a bit rainy but it was still fun to run along where I could see the ocean. We did some shopping and looking around. Cathy brought us to the best shave ice on the island, "Ono's." Its like a cloud.





We went Kyaking this day up the Wailu River. Since we were kyaking and that involves water, didn't bring out the cell phone to take pictures...







My arms did get tired.





But it was way fun and really cool to see everything. We hiked up to a waterfall and it was great to see the "jungle." Can't believe how many flowers and different greens there are. It was so pretty!





















The water coming down was pretty cold. Swam over and stood under it. It was realy cool. I've never done that before.















We paddled our kyaks a bit further to a "swim hole" where Cathy and I jumped off some rocks. I don't generally go for that, but it wasn't too bad!


I don't know why, but the videos turned out awfully small so you can't really see anything. The first one has a guy swinging off a rope into the water, and the next one is Cathy and I jumping.












Pretty tired when we got back, and we hadn't planned lunch well. We wanted to try a plate lunch but most of the places close early so we went to Bubbas for burgers

As the sun came down stopped at the ocean for a bit where the powerfull waves came crashing in. I loved it and could watch all day! Took a dip in the pool and the stars were so bright!

That night started the great Yatzee tourney. I'm not good with dice.

5 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

My arms would probably fall off if I went kayaking. My arms are so wimping, but if I had the scenery you had to look at I think I wouldn't care about my aching arms as much.

Smart Helm said...

kayaking is so much fun! I love it. Maybe we should invest in a double kayak. Then ur arms don't get so tired :-). Did you each get ur own? I'm so glad u got to play in the ocean cuz I know how much you LOVE it.

Unknown said...

looks like you got to do a lot of things you don't usually do - that makes for a great adventure, huh?

Jamie Pearson said...

wow you guys really did a lot on your trip. so glad you loved it

wilson4 said...

Wow, Emily. What a great trip! So awesome you could do that. What is your email address?