Sunday, August 15, 2010

Aloha

Anyone missed me? Probably not since I'm not really a regular blogger and all. Well I didn't blog last week because I was in HAWAII!





It doesn't even seem real now, now that my body is getting back to Utah time, my ankles are no longer swollen from the red eye flight, the sand is no longer in my hair and the reality of going back to "real" life is sinking in. However, I have the pictures to prove that I really did go and I really was there.









IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME! I'm so greatful that Cathy invited me to go with her and Jennifer to Kauai. Its my favorite island (ok so its the only one I've been to). We stayed up on the north shore and it was so green and so pretty. AND whoever invented the ocean gets two thumbs up from me. When I went to visit Jamie in CA I took a dip in the ocean but it was night and dark and cold, so I didn't really swim. Kauai was my first time to really swim in the ocean. I'm a big fan of water in general, but this took the cake for me.

So now I'm debating on if I should just post the highlights, or do the gory details. I'm sure none of you really care, and would probably be very bored with 5 days of posting on the subject.... but this blog is more for me, and I'd like to record the trip because it was so great. Who know if I'll get another chance to go, I hope so because there are still things I'd like to do and see over there....

I had so much to do before leaving, including bringing in garden veggies:










I didn't get everything done, but one thing that was important was to make sure I had pretty toes as I knew I was headed to paradise and pretty toes are imperative. Good thing my priorities are so well adjusted, huh?!


The nails have little flowers on them. They don't look like that anymore... sand, ocean, and such takes a tole on cheap nail polish and applicays...





The flight was long but not too bad as I was pretty excited. Even the airport was cool.








We did food shopping for the week, ate at Hamura's Saimin (oh yum! could eat that everyday)
and drove off to the North Shore where we stayed at the Cliffs. This is a quieter Island and the Northern part of it is even quieter and less populated. To me that was perfect. Even though I was very excited to be there, due to the time change i was also very tired so no real exploring until the next day.... Aloha and Mahalo for your patience.

6 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

OH man i hav been waiting for this post so you better post a ton of pictures! I can't wait to hear all about it. Oh yeah Jen George and I were talking and we think that you should come see us in California when we are there for Christmas. We will both be there well into January and we want to see you and hang out with you so come join us in sunny California (I know you want to)

Chelsea said...

Wahoo! That looks beautiful, and how lucky to be able to get a respite from Utah's heat in August! Now I'm sure you can bear it until September when real life can resume.

Smart Helm said...

I am so glad u posted and are sharing the gory details. I missed you.

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow Emily! Now that's a vacation.

txparkinsons said...

i think i know where that is ...!!!

helmhq said...

Wonderful for you!! Hope to hear all the details and see all the pictures. Couldn't be more happy for you that you got to have a true change for a vacation.