Sunday, March 15, 2009

boring posts, but having fun times

My blogs aren't very interesting, just what I did today sort of journal entries. No deep thoughts, no enlightening conversations, no humorous comentaries. Oh well, if you are still reading you already know this. So once again, here is what I did this weekend.... I know you are all in deep suspense.....ok its just about what I did Saturday since I already blogged about Friday, and Sunday's are the same....ie going to church.
Saturday morning I had to wake up way early (8:00)so I could go to a fund raiser race thingy that UVU was sponsering and Cathy and her girls were helping at. I got a shirt, and walked for a mile. Whoohooo. I got 10th place. Even though I don't like having to wake up on a Saturday morning, it was good for me to be out and about. It was chilly but great to be outside and see the sun. Here is a couple of pictures of Cathy, and her friend Nate that went walking with us. I usually just like to cheer others on, but the walking wasn't bad either. (2nd picture is Cathy talking to Asumi who is super cute, and helped tell the walkers were to go. Nate is displaying the t-shirts we got for participating.












After that I went home, had some cream of wheat for breakfast and met my visiting teachees. That didn't take very long, but was nice to meet a couple of people in my ward.
Then I got to work outside. I had a lot of inside chores to do (since they didn't get done last week) but it was such a beautiful day that I couldn't let it go to waste. I got the stump garden cleaned off, still need to finish the herb garden and the tree garden. Got the main part of the old garden all turned over and started on the corn patch. I really need to get my spring veggies planted, but haven't quite decided where to put things yet. I also need to get some cow poop and some inoculent for the peas before I put them in.

Stump garden before, no after picture so use your imagination. I have blisters again today, but they are in new places so thats good news....mostly.






Took time to look at and take pictures of my crocuses. Kate later brought me my keys and a piece of paper that were out by the crocuses. Thanks Kate for noticing those because I wouldn't have known where I had left them! I get easily distracted apparently.
Kate, Jillian, and I went to lunch at "hot dog King" They have hotdogs from all of the world with all sorts of interesting toppings. It was fun, but I probably won't go there again. I definately like my hotdogs grilled or roasted over a fire best. Also, it took a really long time to get our dogs.

Kate got a Chicago Dog since that is were she is from.









Jillian got a chili cheese, and a BLT hotdog







I got a Bavarian and a Ukranian hotdog. I ate the Bavarian one first. Yes my hair is messy, but I had been working out in the yard, and Jillian got out the twigs and grass that was in there before we left the house so its all good.
I worked out in the yard again after lunch and then Cathy and I went to wash our cars, pick up a pizza from Costco and have a picnic with Nate in the park. We also had the cosco fresh pineapple, and some mini cucumbers. Those are really tasty! Unfortunately the sun went down behind some clouds and it got COLD. So we took our picnic inside the car. There we watched this couple come from across the park with a mattress topper, a comforter, lots of blankets, pillows, and a small table. It was like watching a silent movie with them carying the stuff, and discussing how to set it up. I guess they didn't realize that although they had parked on the other side, they weren't in a very private location (ie they didn't see us sitting in our car watching them). Not sure what the purpose of the table was....
Then I came home and cleaned the bathroom as thats one inside chore I need to get done once a week or it gets really icky. Then I went shopping for cabbage so I could make Melanie's peroskies for dinner today.
They were/are tasty and I doubled the batch so we have left overs. I bought a corned beef in honor of Saint Patty's day but I don't know that I will get it cooked up before going to SISTERS WEEKEND! whooohooo! Oh well, I'm too excited about that to worry about food going bad in the fridge. I won't be here to smell it so its ok.... Just smell the primrose instead. It makes me soo happy.
I went to Primary today. Boy, Jr. Primary is a bit dicey! I also have to find a sub for next week as I'll be out of town, because they emphasized that even if it isn't my week to teach (there are two teachers for most classes) its important to have a sub. Also how come I don't know all the songs? They have some new ones since I was there. Guess it was like 20 years ago.
ps Melanie, the flowers you gave me for Valentines day are just now dying. Thanks so much!

5 comments:

Smart Helm said...

Man! U shore pack alot into a weekend. I am way impressed. And fun with Cathy. She is so awesome.

So... Apparently I didn't know ur new calling was in primary! Who do u teach? Crazy kids? How many? Do tell.

I had no idea the flowers would last THIS long! mm.. I guess the morning radio guy was right, pro-flowers ARE the best :-)

WV - rephi... Nephi's twin brother?

Montana at the Helm said...

I agree with Melanie about how much you got done in a weekend. I bet it makes you feel good. At least it does for me.

helmhq said...

I don't find your posts boring, then I am your mother! Loved the pictures and I'm so glad you are busy. Don't you just love the way the gospel is taught in Primary, where you stick with the basics.

Bethanie said...

I also would much rather work outside then inside. Blah! But then if I con't get them done I will be sorry when monday comes around. I love primary!! I would much rather be there than anywhere else.

Jamie Pearson said...

you got a calling thats exciting! i can't believe all the things you got done on Saturday Go you. I haven't talked to you in like 3 days I feel so behind on whats going on. Now that Jesse is gone again I'll be on line more =)