Thursday, January 15, 2009

Things lost... things found.

Yep, I'm a looser. Today we went out for lunch to celebrate my birthday. It was good food, especially for the price. Well, I went through the rest of my work day, and was getting ready to head home when, I discovered my wallet wasn't in my purse. great. I'd been to several homes and in several state cars. So first I searched my office, then got the keys to the 2 cars and searched those (found my pen, and a poncho-wierd!). I checked the chairs in the hall because I put my stuff there before going out and about. I hoped that I hadn't left my wallet at one of the homes because I probably would have my identity stolen! So then I decided to check out the place we went to eat, and sure enough there it was. YAY! I am constently loosing things so I've learned to stop panicking because otherwise my whole life would be in a panic. People wonder why I never answer my phone? Its usually because I don't actually know where it is. So because I found my wallet and I was hungry, and the restuarnt was right next to a new Jimmy Johns (tribute to Melanie that I know what that is), I celebrated by getting a big sandwhich.... and some chips. YUMM!

This has been an interesting week. Even though my vacation was 2 weeks ago, I'm still finding it hard to get focussed and back into work. Maybe its because I'd rather be doing anything (especially nothing!) then work. I think I especially need to start going to bed on time because that does not help me stay in a positive attitude :)


Monday Kate made me garden cupcakes for FHE. Thanks Kate you are the best! Cathy and I went to Costco for our activity and to pick up some food. We had dim sum and Tamales (I picked out the tamales) for dinner along with some chips, and mandarin oranges. Kate provided desert (it was really funny when Cathy and I came home Kate kicked us out of the kitchen as she was making "secret treats." I had no idea what she was doing.) We read an Ensign article and mostly just talked and laughed. Thats my kind of FHE! Here are silly pictures of Kate and Mama showing their hands are messy from the cupcakes, as well as pictures of the cupcakes themselves!














Tuesday was Cathy's game in which they won. YAY! Jamie is very jealous that I got frozen yoghurt. I was really happy that this time I got to pay for it as Cathy forgot her wallet (see I'm not the only one, granted it wasn't lost, just forgotten).

Yesterday I went with Cathy to the temple which was a nice break. But then I stayed up way to late perusing some blogs. These are a couple of way interesting ones about foster to adopting. It makes me happy that people are willing to do the hard things in life, and makes me want to do a better job as a social worker. YAY FOR FOSTER FAMILIES! I do recommend you start at teh beggining of their blogs, although its easier with the first one because she has a pull down menu (on the left of the page near the middle that says I blog too much) that lets you choose past blogs. Question: Do you think its ok to look at blogs at work if they are about foster care?


Also, somethings I've learned: Did you know that lighter fluid can take off greasy messes? I got the blue ticky tac stuff off of the walls in Jamie's room so easily after looking that up on the internet. Isn't the internet great?! I also found that those magic wall erasure thingsy (that I actually got to clean off the blue gunk but didn't work) really takes off marks on the walls. Its GREAT!

7 comments:

Smart Helm said...

You are not a looser!!

Just.. perhaps u should invest in a purse. One of those REALLY big ones that are hard to miss. :-)

Word Verification "rebal"

Ur a Rebel.

Bethanie said...

since when is one of MY sisters a loser. Call yourself a loser you're calling me a loser. Owch that hurts Em!!!

So I'm thinking that the cup cakes count as a veggie??? Right?

WV- senical

Melissa Bunn said...

The other night I lost my keys. I back tracked my steps all the way back to my car. As I approached the door I saw my keys still in the key hole. I guess losing things happens to the best of us!

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow! Many different subjects in this blog. Ummm...which subject do I relate to the most??? OH! I know! Losing things. I left my purse at a McDonalds on the way back from New Mexico one time. We drove 2 hours before I realized it was gone. We had to drive back to get it. So it added four hours to an already long trip and I cried the whole way, I think. At least I wanted to.
And by the way, YOU are a good social worker!

Jamie Pearson said...

Wow those were some awesome cupcakes. I really am missing you guys especially since Jesse is gone. And thank you for cleaning up after me...man I'm a slacker. Love ya

txparkinsons said...

i love the cupcakes!

you're only a loser if you lose things ... oh ... oops!

AND i don't panic until i've done everything i can because as long as there is something to do - why panic? i'll let tom do the panicking ... don't tell him!

helmhq said...

Did something shinny pass by---I think that may have something to do with the occasional misplacement of things. I'm glad you got the fun cupcakes especially since your slacker family didn't get the candle bit done on your cake.