Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday

Went to my new ward today and I feel I'm going to be very happy with it! Its got some characters in it (what ward doesn't?), and a good mix of people in various stages of life. Its a big ward and people seem friendly! Its like the oldest ward building in Orem, and so its fun to look around at the different archetecure. I went to choir today (Melanie's suggestion) and brought along Kate and Mamarine. I think they will be joining me in around February to be in a "real" ward. There are some great things about singles wards but I'm very happy to have "retired" and be moving on!


I went X-country skiing yesterday with Sarah, and her family, and Jen and her kids. It was way fun! I'm not actually as sore today as I was thinking I would be. I only had one spill and it doesn't even count because I wasn't trying to ski right then (I went over to a bench to eat my apple!). Here is a picture of where we went (Jollie Ranch up Hobble Creek near Springville). My phone died right after that so I didn't get a picture of any of us :(


Its relatively cheap, and is fairly flat and easy. I had a good time! It made we want to buy some equipment and maybe a season pass. So while I miss not working at the temple, there are some nice things about having a whole Saturday to do fun things!

I made dinner, and as always the dinner seamed to grow so there is tons of left overs! We had some really good butternut squash and I made some bread in the bread maker- unfortunately there was a power short and so the machine turned off right after it started cooking. I noticed it when I was ready to serve the other things and so had to put it in the oven and hold off dinner. I made a pork potatoe dish with my canned tomatoes, and carots I dug out of the garden today. So I also made some chunky applesauce for our fruit while I was waiting for the bread to cook. It actually tasted ok.
Speaking of food, I am so proud of myself. I didn't eat out at all this week (other then when traveling on Monday I got a snack)! I bought a lot of microwave dinners (the weight watcher and healthy choice, etc kinds) which while aren't homemade, don't count as eating out.
I also was better about cleaning things and making sure I did at least one thing active every day (lots of snow shoveling :) I don't think I'll be as dilligent about the eating out thing this week, but my goal is to not eat out EVERY day.

8 comments:

Melissa Bunn said...

How fun to go cross country skiing! And your dinner sounded delicious. It sounds like your new ward will be a good change. I hope it goes well for you there.

Smart Helm said...

I'm so proud of u for going to choir! YA FOR U! Its such a good way to get to know people in ur new ward (usually the pretty active people :-))

And very impressed with the skiing. It is way fun to have a whole Saturday 2 urself 2 get things done. Although now it will be a challenge to find time 2 get 2 the temple. Believe me.

Bethanie said...

That's a beautiful picture. I'm way impressed by your camera phone picture taking skills. I'm glad that you like your new ward and i hope you make some great new friends.

Jamie Pearson said...

I am still jealous that you now can play on Sats and I'm not there. Wow great job at not eating out this week. I like your idea of buying those meals I'm sure thats so much better than fast food. And I miss your food. Good thing someone invited me over to eat yesterday or I would have been thinking of what you were cooking. oh and haha you have to shovel snow.... theres no snow over here!!

Angela said...

I was going to put the 2009 picture as my heading, but someone needs to explain to me all these things that you can do with a blog. I have always wanted to try skiing, I know they offer it up here, but maybe I will come visit you if I am able. We shall see! I miss you!

WARNERS said...

beautiful picture. Once again, I was jealous - wish I could have been there with you (not just to see you biff it in the snow). I probably won't be getting any skiing in for awhile but can't complain about 80 degrees today! I'm getting a head start on my sun tan! Thanks for all your comments on my blog - you totally made my day - actually more than one because I've read them more than once.

txparkinsons said...

does it count as 'eating out' if you go out to dinner with your husband and only order a salad because you feel too sick for more? i haven't bought lunch in a week .... i miss fries!

Emily Nice said...

Jenny, I don't think salads count as food so you are totally good.

Mandy, I didn't "biff it" I just sort of gracefully ended up testing gravity. yep it worked.