Tuesday, February 9, 2010

new years resolutions

I don't know that I will ever get "around" to posting about Christmas. It was so fun and nice and makes me feel a bit depressed that its 11 months away till i go again :( I'll try to stick a few pictures in here and there, but I didn't take very many.







I have had some fun times since coming home. I'm having a tought time remembering anything. I went tubing up at soldiers hollow. It was way fun! And since it had a rope tow, it was even relaxing, strange as that seems.



I've cooked some too. I'm trying to use up the garden produce. A couple of weeks ago I went out and pulled some carrots out and look what I found! Unfortunately this one broke off and since it was dark I couldn't find the end. Look at the other one I pulled up. Its a purple carrot!









I also made an onion caserole out of home grown onions. And cooked some squash. yum. Here is the line up (the long skinny one is from the store).


Anyways, what I wanted to blog about was some new years resolutions. I'm a bit worried about jinxing myself, but oh well. I have been doing great with not eating out. It was such a tough habbit to break since I get a lot of pleasure out of it. Along with this I haven't had any sooooda. go me.





Another new thing is something I picked up, from a blog called flylady. She has a "baby steps" section and I've started to use some of her ideas. Namely the "shiny sink" and "hot spot" daily clean. This has made a huge difference in the cleanliness of my home and how I feel about it. Its great to wake up to a clean sink. I've noticed my roommates have kicked in too and things are just staying neater and cleaner in general. I have also tried to do the "lace your shoes on" first thing in the morning which has helped me get more out of my off days. Some time I will tackle my room....














8 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

I've been working on some goals too. And some of them have to do with my relationship with food. Those are the hardest, but I sure feel better when I stick to it. I am also taking the baby step approach or I just overwhelm myself and quit all together. Not good!
Go Emily! You can do it!!!

helmhq said...

Great garden stuff. Home grown always tastes better!

And way to go on the resolutions. As a wise man once told me--"The happiest people I know are those who make progress on measurable goals" I know he was right but sometimes it's hard to make yourself pick out a good measurable goal.

Smart Helm said...

I love that garden produce and so glad u posted! My goal will have to be to try and keep up with Emily :-)

Unknown said...

So you're saying that if i go dig in my garden for the carrots i never pulled up i might have ginormous ones like that?
way to be on the cleanliness thing. I'm trying to clean out our house, one room at a time. The hardest part is to keep a room clean once it's been clean. Maybe I'll check out the flylady place

Jamie Pearson said...

Yeah go you! I can't wait to see you in 2 days!!!! Those are some awesome carrots. Well Talk to you very very soon.

Sarah Jarvis said...

Hey, you might have to break the not-eating-out rule for Court's B-day! :-) But I am sure there are exceptions, right? But don't worry, we won't make you drink soda. Definitely not. Can't wait to hang out with you!

txparkinsons said...

we're giving up eating out and soda (and snickers) for lent! we're planning a snickers and root beer party for our own mardi gras ... want to come?

Unknown said...

Happy Chinese New Year! The new year vacation is almost gone. I just pull out all my mails and find yours, including your blog. I didn't enjoy my vacation as here, Zhongli, has been raining since the fist day of vacation. Do you believe my boring day what I did? There is nothing I can do but help missionary sisters' lesson. I felt so embracing when I met them because I wore two coats,, but they just wore one shirt. I though I am old enough.

I am a college student now. Guess what my major is! It is Applied English! I picked it up as I was crazy. I scare to my new semester. The winter vacation is gone on next Monday. I have to go back to my terrible English study. I will do my best. You will see. Ha....

Finally, I am so happy that I can leave my mood words here. Love you, my dear companion.