Thursday, October 1, 2009

Melanie's Triathalon

I went down to St. George to watch Melanie do kokopeli. I had some trouble getting to St. George but once I was there everything was great. I always like looking at the lavendar fields on my way there, as well as for the big hawks nest. A fun call from Bethanie made the ride go quicker.






Melanie had found a great condo that was so much nicer then a hotel room. We laughed and talked and went to see the flowers at the temple. The St. George Temple is so pretty. It looks very little from any where else in the city.
Here is a picture of Melanie sniffing the cotton. Its interesting because unlike most textiles, cotton is exactly that out of the plant. its cotton!
Isn't she cute and all ready for her race!







We had a great dinner (melanie, mom, and i) then met Melissa back at the condo. We walked around that night and turned in early since Melanie had her big day. (Well Melanie turned in early, the rest of us talked till much later, and then mom and I kept talking after we went to our room). I've decided I really like king beds.


Now for the big day. Melanie got up bright and early. I had to get up early for me, but I was still a pleasure to be around! Unfortuanately none of us remembered to grab Mel's camera so mom and i resorted to camera phones. Melanie did awesome!
Mom is sure cute! I don't know why I didn't end up with any Melissa pictures till the end....

The swim start:


The Swim: (this one is pretty boring)
Coming Out Of the water she looks great: (sorry about my loud squeeky voice)
Here she goes on the bike!
Here she comes back on the bike

Transitioning and into the run (notice my awesome phone camera skills!)



And now for the big finish!




Isn't she cute! Still smiling:
























Here is Melanie getting her award!











It was a beautiful day, and Melanie did awesome. We did the Cafe Rio lunch and then hung out some more. We ended up staying in St. George for that night, watching the BYU game and then the general relief society meeting. Grabbed some delicious shakes and then went to bed. Next day hung out some more, went to church and then I drove home :(

It was a quick fun vacation. I'd love to see Melanie do another triathalon this season as she did so well in this one.... I'll always come cheer her on!


See this link for her take on the day
http://msmarthelm.blogspot.com/2009/09/around-triathlon.html

9 comments:

Montana at the Helm said...

You are such a great sister! Great footage of the race.

Melissa Bunn said...

It was great seeing you last weekend. Thanks for the yummy tomatoes, squash, and pepper. I pretty much ate the whole squash in one sitting...so good! I hope the trip home went smoother than the trip to St. George :)

Sarah Jarvis said...

I miss my cheerleaders! Melanie did so great in her race. I, too, wish there were more this season. But it sure is getting cold... Sounds like you had fun as well and I love how you still go to Cafe Rio afterwards. Great tradition.
Wanna come cheer me on for the BYU Triathlon (yes, this time it includes biking but should not take too much longer. It is October 17th. Noah would love it. He had a great time with you last time. Plus, it is about time we hang out.

Jamie Pearson said...

You are a great cheerleader. I love cheering people on during triathlons. I am way impressed with your camera phone skills too. miss ya

txparkinsons said...

thank you so much for that post. megan and i think melanie is way cool.

we also wanted to mention that carly runs just like melanie ... we could always pick mel out from the video based on the way she moves ... same as carly ... or carly is the same as mel ...

so cool!!

Smart Helm said...

Thanks for posting about my triathlon. I didn't know u got so many videos! I'm so glad u came to cheer me on, even though I know it was an expensive trip... and that none of ur video/pictures highlight my fat as much as the pictures Mom took :-)

Thanks again for coming!

Jamie Pearson said...

Hey Em will you try to leave a comment on my photo blog. I think i fixed it but just want to make sure. Thanks. Miss Ya!

helmhq said...

Great bloging. Wish i could get mine done. I keep meaning to.

Bethanie said...

Thanks for calling and chatting with me and thanks for taking all the pictures and videos so that I was able to see a little bit of Melanies race. You got your camera to take video? WOW you are way cool!But you already knew that