Monday, February 2, 2009

blah

I didn't post because I wasn't feeling too well this weekend. Even though I was busy at work today, I feel better so things are going better. Isn't funny how when I'm feeling blah, my whole life is blah and has never been anything BUT blah? Maybe its just me.....



I just ate dinner so I'm feeling much better now! here is a picture:

Yum. costco parmesean cheese bagel, tomato, and fresh basil toasted under the broiler. I always blog about what I cook on Sunday dinners so here you go: Halibut (that Cathy caught in Alaska), with a plum ginger glaze/sauce. Rice flavored with rosemarry, garlic, and lime. A fresh herb salad with avacado, cucumber, etc. Also some fresh strawberries for fruit, and the afore mentioned bagel sandwich. YUM. (it was actually pretty easy and fast so i recommend this dinner).



I got the Discover magazine again today. I'm not sure if someone ordered it for me, or if I ordered it for myself, but I really, really like it. Whoo hoo for fun magazines! I'm learning all about




Since there isn't much to write about today, I thought I would post a couple of pictures that I realy enjoy fromn my phone. This is from the Owyhee county fair this past August and shows my cute neice and nephew showing their pigs. They both did an awesome job, but were sad when they didn't get higher because there is NO competitiveness in the family. I still think they were the best!



8 comments:

Bethanie said...

That still sounds like a fancy meal to me. I have a hard time cooking fish. They really don't have fresh fish in WI and I'm not that into the "fishy" taste. Blah!
Thanks for posting the picture of Bailey and Wyatt. I'm glad that you were able to go. Pretty cool!

Jamie Pearson said...

Oh man my mouth is drooling. I miss Sunday dinners so much. I mean we have them here of course but I miss your cooking. OH and I know how feeling blah feels and I'm glad that you used that word to explain your day. I used it once during a missionary lesson and then was known as sister blah for the rest of the time.=) Have a great day

Smart Helm said...

I'm sorry u felt blah. I hate those days because yes, it effects everything.

And as always impressed with ur meal. Where do u get these ideas? I guess I'm not as adventurous as u. Very bold!

I like the pictures too, just like Bethy

Montana at the Helm said...

Wow! You said it was easy so I am trying to believe you, but it sounds quite gourmet. And usually they are not easy recipes.
I am glad you are feeling better and honored us with a new post.

Sarah Jarvis said...

em, you should totally come with us one of these days. we go there a lot. and in the summer you can go to the beautiful gardens and they have a noah's ark with water. we can't wait. we would love to have you join us and if you come with us you get 50% off. of course, you can also take noah there anytime you want :-)

call us. we are usually doing something more or less fun. at least, i am trying hard. but with the warmer weather it is nice. we miss you.

sarah

helmhq said...

Maybe you could cook something for me since I'm not feeling good..Bad case of the "Blah's" maybe something really good is all I need to cure me!

Jared said...

nice hangman. I must be awesome because I keep winning.

Neita and Nate said...

Those are some awesome looking kids! They must get it from their father.