Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reunion- Zion part one

Went back to work today after the family reunion. Thats the problem with vacation, as I'm sure you all know. Who wants to go back? not me.








I guess I need to remember that work is what makes the fun part possible...








Anyways I wanted to give a huge thankyou to Melanie for planning the awesome reunion. I know she was way stressed out, but everyone seemed to be happy and have a good time. I only wish it was longer (see first paragraph). I used my phone pretty good at first to take pictures, but then forgot to use it as time went on, so I'll just have to steal others' photos as they post about it.



Trip to Zion was fun. I packed my car carefully so I'd have room for additional passengers if needed, but then it was just me. However I didn't think things through and put all the heavy stuff on the drivers side. My car might have been a bit lopsided.



I followed Nathan and Jared was behind and those boys drive fast! You can see Nathan's van ahead and jared's subaru behind. And no I did not text and drive...










It was an interesting drive. I liked the different landscapes and plant life zones we passed through. Lots of wild flowers in bloom.









We would've gotten there in record time if not for the road construction through the park. Which I thought I had figured the route around. Wow the scenery was awesome. We were still the first to arrive and check out our awesome accomadations. Too bad I didn't get pictures. Melanie had our dinner that night cattered which was nice as no one had to cook. The beer bread wasn't a big hit but everything else was tasty.


In two years it will be my turn to host the family reunion. With my history of procrastination and indecision this could be interesting. Any ideas or input would be helpful....
I'll post about the opening ceremonies next time. I'll probably also stick an old post in that I forgot to publish back in May about my garden....

2 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

So fun! I love Zion. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Smart Helm said...

Thanks for posting first! I was going to post the other day but when I saw I only had a few pictures from day 3 and 4... I wasn't as excited :-).